hey guys, today i decided to mess around and paint my first act that i use for practicing things like truss rod adjustments, because i dont care what happens to it. Anyways what do you guys think? ive always wanted to paint a guitar like EVH's

Last edited by JustinT80 at Mar 3, 2008,
If it weren't for that really ugly headstock shape, which obviously isn't your fault, that would actually look really freakin' cool.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
That is really quite impressive
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
haha thanks, yeah its a terribly ugly guitar, i just spray painted it in a couple hours.
nice work. looks much better than the ****ty job on my jackson.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
now smash the pickguard, rip out the middle and bridge Pups, stick a humbucker in and slap a floyd on and have yourself a free frankenstrat.
Oh, man that looks awesome... +1 to clearcoating it
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
Looks awesome man, looks better than all the other attempted EVH guitar paint jobs I've seen.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
YEah great job, all the haters here dont realise how hard it is to paint it right. Very nice indeed
one of the best EVH paintjob attempts i've seen on ug, nicely done
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by musiclover2399
Did you just paint over the previous finish?

I ask the same.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Being that I assume the First Act would come with a THICK polyurethane finish, in order to have this paint stick to the guitar he sanded it down. Probably to bare wood, but at least through the finish the company put on.
Quote by travislausch
If it weren't for that really ugly headstock shape, which obviously isn't your fault, that would actually look really freakin' cool.

i agree man
Quote by TUMFP
Being that I assume the First Act would come with a THICK polyurethane finish, in order to have this paint stick to the guitar he sanded it down. Probably to bare wood, but at least through the finish the company put on.

Good point, now I'm tempted to get a squier and do the same!
Quote by musiclover2399
Good point, now I'm tempted to get a squier and do the same!

Good call. I'm in the process of completely rebuilding my Squier Bullet. When I'm finally done with it, it'll perform and look as good as any professional-grade guitar, even though it'll retain the Squier body and neck.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by travislausch
Good call. I'm in the process of completely rebuilding my Squier Bullet. When I'm finally done with it, it'll perform and look as good as any professional-grade guitar, even though it'll retain the Squier body and neck.

Squier bullets have basswood bodies nowadays don't they? It's a good call by squier to use basswood over agathis, considering a lot of japanese fenders use the wood. I think I even saw a squier the other day that had a two point trem system...

Anyways, the fact that it's a squier body should be no big deal, and the neck is replaceable.
Quote by TUMFP

actually i didn't sand it down at all, it sticks perfect. i did a test on the back and it doesnt come off at all.
Looks good mate, get a new neck on there to get rid of that ugly headstock and the jobs a good un
Quote by JustinT80
actually i didn't sand it down at all, it sticks perfect. i did a test on the back and it doesnt come off at all.

What type of paint did you use? Cause I'm thinking of spraying a logo of sorts onto my guitar and I can't be bothered to sand it down.
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
very nice job,

I'm sorely tempted to mess up my old pacifica but for some reason i know that won't end well