I've never used anything. Just a dry cloth to clean it off when changing strings. I was under the impression that you're not supposed to use anything on you fretboard...
+1 lemoil
Wear the eye patch Bret, Wear the Funky Funky eye patch...

Quote by Tallman

You, sir, should be knighted.

Last edited by coolo : Today at 00:00 AM. Reason: ???
Quote by mattreid222
dunlop lemon oil

DUNLOP lemon oil?

now sorry, i'm no expert, but that seems pretty stupid. kinda like buying dave mustaine's coffee.
A moist rag.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
If its rosewood, lemon oil once every few months.. if its maple, just a damp cloth... as its varnished lemon oil wont penetrate it..!
Lemon oil or if I have some, olive oil. Be careful with the olive oil, don't put too much. And only for rosewood/ebony/other non finished woods.

I also smooth it out with first 600 grit sandpaper, then 0000 steelwool. The steelwool also polises the frets.
^ you have to be VERY gentle with steel wool on frets, or they'll be gone before you can say Jack Robinson.

I use lemon oil once every 6 weeks or so, I also use fast fret and wipe beneath the strings after playing.
I use a Gibson care pack with fret dressing
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
Quote by BrianApocalypse
^ you have to be VERY gentle with steel wool on frets, or they'll be gone before you can say Jack Robinson.

I use lemon oil once every 6 weeks or so, I also use fast fret and wipe beneath the strings after playing.

0000 is fine enough to just polish I find. I haven't tried it on softer metal frets though and definitely wouldn't... But on most guitars it'll be fine. It also works on the fingerboard to remove the marks left by the sandpaper (if you use it) so it's all win.
Lemon oil on my Rosewood/Ebony fingerboards, damp cloth on my Stratocaster.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'm neglectful. I only use warm water on the fretboard when changing strings, which is almost never.

That and used tampons.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
i use build up remover, followed by a little bit of olvie oil and some lemon oil mixed, let it soak, and wipe the excess away.

plus, i use ernie ball wonder wipes every once in a while.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
Lemon oil for the citrousy fresh smell.....mmmm........lemon..........
I see Mother Nature equipped you for a battle of wits in the same way she equipped cows for supersonic flight.
whats the cheapest place to buy lemon oil online????

thanks for all of the reply's by the way!

Even the used tampons...thanks!