███████████████████████████
Quote by whalepudding
Because you're gay.

OH BAMMITTY BOO BAHH BADAMM

I lold. Srsly.

There's enough **** it orbit around our planet already, without adding any more.

It's getting so that space flight is becoming even more dangerous, as the junk in orbit strikes the craft, often with hilarious consequences.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Go find a rocket and we'll do it then.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by maccas666
Don't you watch futurama?

exactly what i thought when i read the thread title
It costs a lot of money to send a rocket into space, lol. The rubbish aint worth it.

Unless we could get this awesome super catapult thing, that would be awesome.
Quote by Dillona
It costs a lot of money to send a rocket into space, lol. The rubbish aint worth it.

Unless we could get this awesome super catapult thing, that would be awesome.

Heard of gravity?
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Not only the money, but the time, the resources, the physics, the level of technology that we've got. Sending an unmanned rocket to the Sun would be a difficult task you know.

edit: super catapult thing? seriously?
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by the_poison125
seriously why wouldnt we do this? we could get all our trash, nuclear waste etc and blast it into the sun!

i seriously dont know why we havnt done this yet.

The cost.
Who would want to build a spaceship to crash into the sun which would cost 1000x more than the waste its carrying?

Simple Economics.
The chances of rocket failure make the proposition of trying to dispose of nuclear waste in this fashion insanely dangerous. What do you think a nuclear warhead is? A rocket with a radioactive payload.

As for other rubbish, here's a radical thought: Why don't we just stop producing it in the first place?
Last edited by Rocinante at Mar 3, 2008,
Yeah, sure, and have it in 50 years come crashing back into orbit destroying a whole country, then becoming garbage land.

Seems safe and practical...
Quote by Rocinante
The chances of rocket failure make the proposition of trying to dispose of nuclear waste in this fashion insanely dangerous. What do you think a nuclear warhead is? A rocket with a radioactive payload.

As for other rubbish, here's a radical thought: Why don't we just stop producing it in the first place?

im pretty sure we wont ever stop produce trash. look at my lame ass thread. its trash
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Heard of gravity?

Bah, you scientists and your gravity!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Heard of gravity?

Gravity's had it its own way for too long now.

Down with gravity I say!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Because it could cause worse problems down the track. Like the radioactive waste going into our atmosphere and destroying vast amounts of life.. Im more for burying it under the town, which in the end is destroyed.
I've always said we should do this.

If we got a sizeable amount of rubbish, compiled it into a large sphere and sent it into outerspace, and then kept sending more rubbish towards the sphere, the sphere would attract all the rubbish through gravity and then eventually become big enough to live on. That way, we're getting rid of the rubbish, as well as giving some of the people of the future a place to live when the earth overpopulates.

Rubbish planet FTW

Who's with me?
Quote by syk3d
garbage? you mean like this thread?
Soooooo close!

Quote by syk3d
garbage? you mean like this thread?

/thread.
*fixed*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Because we have Way smarter people than You controlling this. You know... it's dangerous.

Go back to school boy.
Yahyah
Space rocket yoghurt pots. It's the future, man.

Seriously though biodegradable materials would be much more helpful, i'm surprised no-one is using them yet. Once again expense comes into it. It's frankly cheaper to shove stuff in the ground, as it is to make most things out of plastic.
Quote by metacarpi
Gravity's had it its own way for too long now.

Down with gravity I say!

No pun intended, I'm sure.

All we need is the nuclear waste to be held in a shipping container.

Said container will have a giant piece of buttered toast on one side, and several large felines (tigers, perhaps) tied to the other. Attached to the corners of said container, shall be cats (or unhuffed kittens) with buttered toast on their backs.

This projectile will be launched by a giant catapult, into the sun.

The effects of gravity will be rendered null, and void. Allowing the projectile to move along, unhindered, into the blazing fusion giant that is our Sun.

I have attached a rough diagram of this complicated design for your understanding.

Thank you.
Quote by slappymoe66
What would I say to the doctor "I got a bad case of tight balls" ? no dice nublet pie
Quote by gimme_fuel_89
I've always said we should do this.

If we got a sizeable amount of rubbish, compiled it into a large sphere and sent it into outerspace, and then kept sending more rubbish towards the sphere, the sphere would attract all the rubbish through gravity and then eventually become big enough to live on. That way, we're getting rid of the rubbish, as well as giving some of the people of the future a place to live when the earth overpopulates.

Rubbish planet FTW

Who's with me?

Nah, count me out. I don't think general conversation would be very stimulating, seeing as though everyone would walk around saying "God dammit this planet smells like hog anus".
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
because waste is simply a resource which we do not have the technology to harness yet. However there are emerging methods, such as the extraction of methane gas given out thru decomposition within landfill which is captured and pumped out.
Quote by TreeFiddy
No pun intended, I'm sure.

I'm glad somebody noticed.

Quote by GLP_Arclite

All we have to do is wait for the Doc to come back from the future with his modified Delorean, that way we have a use for rubbish!
Quote by cptcomet
All we have to do is wait for the Doc to come back from the future with his modified Delorean, that way we have a use for rubbish!

That's just what I was gonna say
Quote by kriscornella2@g

Quote by civildp1

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Didn't you people learn anything in science?

Because everything on Earth is made up of matter. We have (and will always have) exactly the same amount of matter (or 'stuff' for those who don't know that word) on Earth, even with trees growing and stuff.

If we did that we would have less and less stuff. Eventually the world would weigh a huge amount less, and in terms of gravity and the pull of other planets and stuff, THAT IS NOT GOOD!
Page 1 of 2