Hey
I got a live recording of my band from a friend who took it on his camcorder - its great except for one thing - its immensly boomy.

Its not clipping but just boomy - particularly the bass guitar and the toms.

Is there anyway to reduce or remove this?
Some eq, notch filter, something that could help?

Anything?

Thanks
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)
umm... you do realize i only have a mixdown version of the whole thing
Also - at 200Hz, how wide should the Q be?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Try cutting a little around the 300 mark for toms, and maybe cut some of the frequencies below 80 as well. Experiment with EQ, because there is no strict answer, it depends on the recording and eqipment used etc.etc.
There is poetry in despair.
I dipped around 250 - Worked for the bass guitar but the toms are still a bit - ill mess and see
Thanks
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
try getting rid of the really low end. 80-150
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
It's not a good idea to cut the whole track that low. Guitars and basses rely on those frequencies for low end. I wouldn't want to cut below 120.
a multiband compressor with maybe 2 bands attenuating some small frequency ranges might to the trick.

but...probably just stick with eq
The lowest I tend to cut for guitar is 75hz or so, depending on the context. Bass, depending on the tone, doesn't rely on that range as much for low end as guitar, and what does lay there is usually unwanted anyways. Don't hi-pass at 80-140hz, but put a nice peak in the bass EQ there, something around 6-10dB with a Q of .75 or so.