I 'm buying a new pickup this march.I will buy a Dimarzio.I play mostly Metal and Rock and I listen to Avenged Sevenfold,Metallica and other metal band.I was hoping if you guys could help me what kind of Dimarzio should i buy.My choices right now are X2N,Super Distortion and D-sonic.Thanks.
Oh my guitar is a GRG121 by the way and I want a Mid rangy and bassy tone with a balanced treble.
Saving up for a better guitar instead of upgrading your p'ups will probably be your best bet. Also, what amp do you play through?
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
I probably cant because I'm not allowed to buy a second guitar...sadly,so what should I buy.I play through a 15 watt amp.I'm not rich and I buy most of my stuff by myself through savings...
Well, then I would save more.

If you're just playing through a practice amp, new pickups are not going to change your tone significantly. Not only that, they're not cheap. A new set of pickups can cost up 100-200 bucks, at least.
Your amp a much bigger part of your tone, so I would upgrade that first. It'll make a much bigger difference.
thanks^^,ill just save up for a new amp then.but just in case my relatives already bought me a pickup what shud I do with it?
Last edited by syn_g8s at Mar 5, 2008,
My budget depends on my savings but I want to save up for a Peavy amp like its over 30 watts I guess would but I guess my budget would be $200-$300 but it depends..
Hehe ok thnx...I think I'll try to look for one here thanks for the really quick replies
I see...so there's no prob in upgrading a cheap guitar...it's with the amp.Sorry I kinda just started playing so I'm not informed on technical stuff yet
tonezone
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
umm.I sound so dumb..but how do you put the pickups in the guitar?can anyone teach me?
Well, there's several diagrams on the internet.
seymourduncan.com (Also has a quick video demonstrating it)
dimarzio.com
guitarelectronics.com
ibanez.com has diagrams for all of their guitars.

After you know how it's all to be oriented, it's just a matter of soldering.
Here's a guide on how to do that:
http://geofex.com/Article_Folders/how_to_solder.htm
what's the super distortion good for?Oh yeah I'm into instrumental guitars as well.Like the solo stuff like that.Paul Gilbert.Joe Sat.Steve Vai and the pickup picker on their site said Super D. should be good for those stuff...and metal
A Norton or the Super distortion will do great.
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
Quote by syn_g8s
I 'm buying a new pickup this march.I will buy a Dimarzio.I play mostly Metal and Rock and I listen to Avenged Sevenfold,Metallica and other metal band.I was hoping if you guys could help me what kind of Dimarzio should i buy.My choices right now are X2N,Super Distortion and D-sonic.Thanks.

synyster from a7x uses duncan invaders, you should go with duncan instead, way better.
dude ur way to late...hmmm no offence but I don't really like duncans(personal preference only) and I'm not focusing on Metal only so Invaders won't do.Sorry No offense meant or anything... .I respect your opinion though.Thanks for it.

id say a vox valvtronix is a good choice. The models are good it has built in effects and a 30 is within your price
Roland Cube 30 or Line 6 30...if I could wait longer, I could even by a Line 6 75watt I heard it's really good.So I'm looking at the Roland and The Line 6 Spider thingy...yeh but I prefer Roland
Last edited by syn_g8s at Mar 26, 2008,
Yeah.There's a discount at the shop too...lucky me.haha I'm already in a band but I'm the drummer not the guitarist ....and yeah we really need a good amp cause we have two 30watt amps(not good I might add).hartke and kingtech thingy amp and I think they really suck.I've been looking at the reviews here and people seem to argue over the Roland and the Line 6.Thanks anyway^^.
Well, most people who have the Line 6 honestly don't have that much of an ear for tone. I don't like it much, kinda buzzy distortion, dynamics aren't great...
The Roland Cube just is a better SS amp. The Spider makes for an okay practice amp at like the 15 watt model...But otherwise, I'd never use it. Cranked it sounds like crap - I know from small shows I've gone to. Terrible tone.

And the general consensus is that 60 watts is the minimum for getting over a drummer...But if you feel 30 is enough, why not?