Hi! I have a 1996 Epiphone G-310 (SG) Junior that I am looking to modify. I have a couple of questions in hopes that someone in the know can point me in the right direction.

(1) This guitar has the wraparound bridge. Do they make a tune-o-matic style bridge that will fit in the existing post holes?

(3) What are options after replacing the bridge for a flat mount tremolo? I know a Bigsby B5 will work. What are some other possibilities?

Thanks for your help!

Tim
If your 310 is like mine there are subtle differences between it and a real SG. The stopbar and bridge are further back on the body on a 310 than other SGs because the bolt neck is set further in to the body. A bigsby that goes all the way to the strap button will not fit correctly, you might find the one for a Tele would work better. You would just need to get a roller bridge to run the strings across.
Thanks for the response.

Mine has the single wraparound bridge. It doesn't have a stop bar with a separate bridge.

The B5 Bigsby is flat mounted...it doesn't hinge over the end strap button.

I was wondering what other tremolos would work and if there is a replacement tune-o-matic bridge for my wraparound style using the same post holes.
Quote by guitarnut37
Thanks for the response.

Mine has the single wraparound bridge. It doesn't have a stop bar with a separate bridge.

The B5 Bigsby is flat mounted...it doesn't hinge over the end strap button.

I was wondering what other tremolos would work and if there is a replacement tune-o-matic bridge for my wraparound style using the same post holes.

Not a tuno, but a bridge that does have individually adjustable saddles.
Leo Quan Badass.

There's also a similar, less expensive bridge available from GFS.

Unless you want to rout for a Floyd, the Bigsby is probably the best choice.
Gibson used to make a trem tailpiece called the Maestro 'Lyre' Vibrola.
But even finding a copy of that is difficult now.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.