Hi,

I've been thinking of buying a boss ME-50 (used or new) and i was wondering if it is better to just buy the boss or to buy a bunch of diffrent pedal like a metall muff, boss Mt-1, tubescreamer, holy grail etc?

grtz
henis
metal muff
My rig:::::
Epiphone les paul standard
Peavey classic 30
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-7
Metal Muff
Individual pedals. I used to have an ME-50 and it's a great piece of kit but I didn't use most of it. 22 different types of overdrive/distortion may sound impressive but I only used the Tubescreamer sim and sometimes the fuzz. And ring modulation is a pretty crazy effect but in the 2 years I owned the ME-50 I never found a practical use for it.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
metal muff. I have one and have never looked back upon buying it, its great.
Quote by Glimsom
Well, there was that horrible accident with Metallica, where the entire band had their Metal amputated. =P
hmm well if your in europe... i suppose you can't get your hands on any analog man pedals or cmat mods. if you could try to grab a fulltone ocd that would be perfect...
tubescreamer and use it on your lead channel to tightnen things up. youll see a 100% improvement on your tone.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by -MintSauce-
Metal muff w/ tone boost, but only for the extra EQ functions.

NEVER PUSH THE TOP BOOST BUTTON, it'll make you regret paying money for it.

It is a great pedal, but I agree about the TOP BOOST.

The only time I've used the TOP BOOST was for playing the verse riff from "Bulls On Parade".

TS, Metal Muff is great. I tried the BOSS MT-2 and it sounded pretty thin compared to the Metal Muff. The MT-2 was lacking in MIDS, while the Muff was chocked full of em.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by rocabilly1
seperate pedals

Better tone and looks better

*throws cookie*

true