Well as a guitarist i was thinking of expanding my musical talent and magnificance, since im on the verge of becoming a teenage prodigy. Anyway i was just wondering if i should buy a bass or should i just take 2 strings off my custom made guitar and tune down accordingly. If i did that surely its the same as bad ass basss. I mean afterall is it worth spending that kind of money on a half assed instrument, its not very versatile or anything and its pretty easy so i duno whether i should waste my time trying to learn this "instrument".
Buy a bass.

There's a reason people don't just tune down guitars to play bass all the time.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
thats sum guitarist logic at work \/_\/
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by Varkunus
since im on the verge of becoming a teenage prodigy.

A prodigy is when you are born with musical talent. You sir are not a prodigy, just an ordinary guitarist.
-down tuning a guitar will not work, there is neck length and body size to consider, you will be all out of tune. I am not sure if guitars can even handle the tension of such high gauge strings

-You are a prodigy? Ego much?

-Bass playing is only easy if you want it to be. If your idea of playing bass is just thumping away root notes, then of course it is going to be easy.

-Basses are half-assed instruments?

typical answers to this thread

-Obvious troll is obvious

-Noob guitarist stepped into the wrong forum

-Bad your is grammer
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Obvious troll, don't bother with this guy.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
A. You're a troll

B. You're not a prodigy, because you can't be "on the verge" of becoming Mozart (in my opinion the only true musical prodigy.)

C. Guitars don't work as basses.

D. I probably should report you.
I can't see that anybody's done this yet so...

*reported*
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
jeesus guys i just realised when i looked at my previous posts. I was on UG today at school during lunch, and left PC on, and my mate just told me on MSN that he had posted random crap on bass forums!!! Believe it or not hes a bassist!!! Anyway if you dont believe me check the IPs
Quote by Varkunus
jeesus guys i just realised when i looked at my previous posts. I was on UG today at school during lunch, and left PC on, and my mate just told me on MSN that he had posted random crap on bass forums!!! Believe it or not hes a bassist!!! Anyway if you dont believe me check the IPs

This is lolwutpear-worthy. I do not even know how to reply to this post.

EDIT: I saw your other posts. You may get banned, just an FYI.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Mar 3, 2008,
Your buddy really knew how to push our buttons. He must be a bass player.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Funny how the writing and grammar are exactly the same in 2 posts, even though it's supposedly two different people.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
bassists know what bassists hate i guess
see you in a month!

yay!
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
It's immature I know, but are you guys ever tempted to go troll the guitar forum?

"I've been playing bass for x years and I'm really good, so I know switching to guitar will be a breeze. It'S So MuCh SmAlLer lolzz1!!11, seriously I'm just gonna play it bass finger style cause I already know how and don't need new techniques, plus I'm sure it will sound awesome through all bass gear... hey!! can I just use a pitch shifter and play some chords on my bass an octive up?! What are some good shred songs to learn on?, what amp/guitar should I buy..what they hell is a FAQ?"

Hey I even wrote it as an incohesive wall of text!
I'm too respectful to do it, but the urge hits me every now and again
Quote by dullsilver_mike
It's immature I know, but are you guys ever tempted to go troll the guitar forum?

"I've been playing bass for x years and I'm really good, so I know switching to guitar will be a breeze. It'S So MuCh SmAlLer lolzz1!!11, seriously I'm just gonna play it bass finger style cause I already know how and don't need new techniques, plus I'm sure it will sound awesome through all bass gear... hey!! can I just use a pitch shifter and play some chords on my bass an octive up?! What are some good shred songs to learn on?, what amp/guitar should I buy..what they hell is a FAQ?"

Too late. Nutter already has. Though it was a whiole back.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by dullsilver_mike

For the record...here is Nutter's contribution to the electric guitar forum.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752532
I usually facepalm to the people who constantly report for this kind of thing, but in this case I'm just sick of this garbage logic. BTW I saw your other posts, and your "friend" needs to /self
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Nutters troll makes me wonder if its possible to troll the pit...
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Mike Anthony started by turning his acoustic into a bass, actually...
Quote by SHEEM
Mike Anthony started by turning his acoustic into a bass, actually...

And look where it got him, good backing vocals for the band but his solos, they were something else!
Quote by Bumper

Love Nutters post there, not like they don't come over to the bass forum, we should have some sort of guard fence
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Love Nutters post there, not like they don't come over to the bass forum, we should have some sort of guard fence

we could make it would of our old used bass strings! Just the sight of a B string (or even a E) would scare most guitarists away!
the the price you can get a bass i would just buy one! god bless cheap wood
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
*bows*

Thank you. All question, please direct to my PR department, c/o Deliriumbassist.

In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by djsteiner
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13135448&posted=1#post13135448

troll successfull, now let's hope i don't get banned...

It's not funny the second time round, and Nutters was tastefully done, yours is just embarrassing.

I hope we see you in 30 days.

Quote by Bumper

Quote by indie-bassist
And look where it got him, good backing vocals for the band but his solos, they were something else!

Well, the lesson on trolling has been learnt by all, hopefully.

I believe it's about time to let this thread die, if not officially close it.

I humbly request the right to institute /thread. If you approve then let me know by uh... not saying anything.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.