Hey Guys. When im jammin with my mates, they like to pull solos on geetar every now and again. Naturally i stick my bass on overdrive and pull a solo of my own, however it lacks the screaming quality of a guitar solo, is there any effects or the like that can make my bass scream like a guitar
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by Varkunus
put another 2 strings on

Oh hurrah i now have a six string bass, go play in fire
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
BOSS's Bass Overdrive Pedal seems to be the solution. This.

Sounds fuzzy. I don't know how much they would cost though.
Quote by ctb
BOSS's Bass Overdrive Pedal seems to be the solution.

Read my gear, i have it, the pedal i seem to be missin is the digitech bass whammy, however would the red normal whammy work fine with bass
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
I've heard it'll suck some low-end, but it works fine.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
The other thing you're missing,a and the thing my facetious post left out, is that a bass will always have a basses timbre. That's why people who suggest using a whammy to sound like a guitar are so wrong. It sounds like a bass an octave up. Be aware of that. You'll get no more screech with a whammy.
You could always try using pinch harmonics too.
They sound pretty awesome with a nice bit o' distortion on.
Quote by Varkunus
put another 2 strings on

*reported* this isnt the only thread you've **** in.

TS: the best way you make you bass sound out would be ask you guitarist to have a long break in his solo so you and the drummer can have a solo. *shrugs* just a thought
You aren't really going to get your bass to scream like a guitar, you should just get a guitar if that's what you want to do.

Although a fuzz/distortion/overdrive and a wah pedal would help.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by Varkunus
put another 2 strings on

Reported.

IDK, I always look at the bass solo as the sonic opposite of the guitar solo. I agree with Jazzy on this one. A bass has a bass timbre--its what adds the sonic balance to the mix and makes the song more interesting.
Piccolo bass, a heavy overdrive, and some hardcore pinch harmonics. That will make you sound kind of similar to a guitar.
Quote by CaptainJack666
Hey Guys. When im jammin with my mates, they like to pull solos on geetar every now and again. Naturally i stick my bass on overdrive and pull a solo of my own, however it lacks the screaming quality of a guitar solo, is there any effects or the like that can make my bass scream like a guitar

Hmmm....Big Muff? *runs from thefitz*
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
a bass that sound like a guitar?
then just buy a guitar
but you should try with diferent EQ settings but if not going to have the same sound of a guitar
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Every time I see this thread I hope it's about Peter Stahl's DC hardcore band from the '80s.

I think the screaming sound the threadstarter is thinking of is pinch harmonics and the like.
I'm suprised how little wah pedals how been mentioned.

If you try to find wah pedals with more of a wailing sound (best guitar comparison is the Ibanez screaming demon, though no bass ones come to mind) and use that with a heavy overdrive, it should help to get some of that screaming quality. However, it will never sound the same, due to physical differences between the instruments.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
ok

I found a pedal today, and thought of you TS

becuase one of its functions turns your bass into a lead guitar whilst keeping the clean bass signal, by adding various ocatves, i was playing it today, was fun as hell, and it has built in distortion too, it's totally funking cool!!

downside is its been discontinued, so finding one is difficult

I really want the one I've found, so Im gonna be a dick and not tell you where it is, sorry man, but I've had the sh*ttest day today, I could have something nasty, and pretty permanent, and yeah......im pissed off

its an Akai UniBass

this is the only soundclip I could find, not that great,its better in real life

http://www.geocities.com/basseffects/UBdemotwo.mp3
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
^That effect is essentially an octave divider. You can do the same thing with a POG or any other octave divider that lets you go an octave up rather than down.
Quote by Bumper
^That effect is essentially an octave divider. You can do the same thing with a POG or any other octave divider that lets you go an octave up rather than down.

cool, I dont know much about effects

but I thought it was pretty cool
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarmonics.

Try em.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.