I heard really good reviews about this multi-effect pedal. And went on youtube and man great examples on the tone and sound. Anyone ever used this, how is this pedal???
Last edited by life_777 at Mar 3, 2008,
ive used my friends. overall impression is that its a brilliant pedal although too expensive for me it is good. its got features for serious stuff and for just messing about. its solidly built and easy to use. if youve got the money then get one
It has great controlability and looks very promising. From my expirence though it is only OK with its sound. My other guitarist has it and personly I think it sound ****ty. But then again it might just be the fact that he has no idea how to work it.

I played the RP 250 and it is absolutly beautiful with how good it sound and how easy it is to make patches.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Quote by teknotard
It has great controlability and looks very promising. From my expirence though it is only OK with its sound. My other guitarist has it and personly I think it sound ****ty. But then again it might just be the fact that he has no idea how to work it.

I played the RP 250 and it is absolutly beautiful with how good it sound and how easy it is to make patches.

eww digitech...
lol, the gt-8 is the ftw multi effects under $500. and you could also possible get the price down a bit with the new gt-10 coming out.
As far as multi-effects boards go, I'd say the GT-8 is the most powerful one on the market right now (short of rack based equipment). But, you're going to have to invest some time into tweaking the vast amount of settings inside of it to get it to sound 'right' for you. The manual that comes with it will help you with doing some basic functions, but everything else is really just trial and error.

If you don't mind sitting down for a few hours and just playing with all the settings, there's really no tone out there you shouldn't be able to emulate. But, if you don't want to bother or want something more user friendly, I'd avoid it.
The best part of the GT-8 is the send/recv loop. The amp modeling and distortion box sims suffer from the same fizzy digital hard to tweak issues as all FX modelers. The Tonelab may be the exception but I found it got rid of the digital fizziness by taking the dark muddy route.

Create patches with the amp and distortion disabled and put your favorite overdrive/fuzz/metal/distortion boxes in the send/recv loop. This is basically similar to the using the 4CM using an amp preamp for gain, except you are using your stompboxes.
Quote by MacDizzy
As far as multi-effects boards go, I'd say the GT-8 is the most powerful one on the market right now (short of rack based equipment). But, you're going to have to invest some time into tweaking the vast amount of settings inside of it to get it to sound 'right' for you. The manual that comes with it will help you with doing some basic functions, but everything else is really just trial and error.

If you don't mind sitting down for a few hours and just playing with all the settings, there's really no tone out there you shouldn't be able to emulate. But, if you don't want to bother or want something more user friendly, I'd avoid it.

^ you actually don't need to spend to much time looking for the sound you want, just go to BossCentral, get a midi usb cable, look at all the patch they made, transfer, and your good to go They do the work, and you do the playing, though the only work you need to do is choice which of the awesome patch they made you want to use. There's also other site like stompbox, and more
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
I played my friend's GT-8 and I've never been more tempted to buy a Multi-FX Pedal.

Get one and you probably won't regret it
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
GT-9 is hanging out with GT-7. There have been rumors that GT-4 is with the 9, and 7 also.

But GT-10 is going to be out soon!
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
It's good to know that people think well of the GT-8. I'm planning on buying it.
It's worth $445.00 because it has 200 stunning preset patches and 140 user patches. 44 effects categories, up to 13 simultaneous FX blocks.
I'm selling one. It's really good if you have time to fiddle around with it, and I just couldn't get the hang of it. If you're interested in buying mine PM me.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.