Say i hav .9 guage strings on my guitar,bt i want to put thicker strings on like .11's,will it make a differance in my playing,wont it make it harder to shred and so on?i need them cause .9's dont work good for C-G-C-F-A-D tuning.thnx.
Gear:
Alexi Laiho sig ESP
Peavey 6505+ head
Marshall 1960a cab

it may take a little getting used to...but the difference shouldn't be overwhelming
"The road ahead is lined with broken dreams, so walk, just walk on by..."
its wouldnt make to much of a difference.. probably only difference is bending the strings.. they may feel tighter and u may not get as much of a bend as u do with .9 but hey ur shred skills would be still avaliable so go ahead
You'd probably need a new pick too.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Have you been playing at C with 9s without a proper set up?

If so when you put the 11s on you'll notice the tension of the strings is more or less the same as a guitar with 9s tuned in standard.

If you're guitar is set up for C with 9s then you need to have it re-set to take 11s or the tension will be too tight and you may start to see some neck bendage.

Thicker strings are something you just have to get used to.
When I changed for 9 to 11 I didn't really lose any skill, if any thing I gained skill, mainly because 11's have better sustaine, basically, just give a go.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."

tried s-e-a-r-c-h bar tuning?...

threads like this are made so often.. sry.
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.