Page 1 of 3
I heard the other day that Gordon Brown has chosen to adopt the Australian immigration system. My and my friend were discusing it (cos we're cool like that) and I just think its too late.

In England, there are already more Immigrants than any other country, I heard somewhere that 3 in 10 Bus drivers are polish!

The whole thing just got me thinking about how great living in another country might be. Someone I know from my school moved to Canada about a year ago and they're having the time of their life. A few other I know have moved to Australia, and its apparently brilliant.

While I'm young, I might like to take the opportunity to plan to emigrate and start a life elsewhere... what do you guys think?
I'm Welsh, moved to America and I think it blows nuts.

I'll be back in the motherland after college. =]
hmmm, so too many foreigners in the uk...move to another country where there are even more of them! seems strange logic
but no im staying right here
Depending on where he moved in Canada there are probably just as many 'foreigners' as England. I'm from Canada and I'm caucasion male. I lived in Toronto and I seemed to be a visible minority.
Oh no, immigrants! Driving our economies! How dare they perform a vital task?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Don't believe everything you read, both in relation to your ideas about Gordon Brown's immigration policy and your backwards rumour that 3 in 10 bus drivers are Polish.

Also, we don't have more immigrants than any other country.

Sigh.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Tom_hatton
I heard the other day that Gordon Brown has chosen to adopt the Australian immigration system. My and my friend were discusing it (cos we're cool like that) and I just think its too late.

In England, there are already more Immigrants than any other country, I heard somewhere that 3 in 10 Bus drivers are polish!

The whole thing just got me thinking about how great living in another country might be. Someone I know from my school moved to Canada about a year ago and they're having the time of their life. A few other I know have moved to Australia, and its apparently brilliant.

While I'm young, I might like to take the opportunity to plan to emigrate and start a life elsewhere... what do you guys think?

Its very difficult to move countries when youre quite young. You need to (a). Know someone rich/ powerful (b). Have a relative in the said country, or (c). Be rich/ powerful yourself.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
I hope I'm not hearing bitching about immigrants in the UK.

Like it or not we NEED them.

The UK has an aging population, if we didn't have young immigrants coming in and making up the numbers on the work force we'd be up the brad pitter trying to pay for the pensions and NHS support of our oldies.
I'll take your Polish if you'll take my Somalians.

j/k, i lub you guyz
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Last edited by diditfortehlulz at Mar 3, 2008,
Right now I'm living in Canada for uni. Canada is a nice country but it doesnt resonate with me the same way that Trinidad does. My personality meshes so well with the island life.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Quote by Rankles
Don't believe everything you read, both in relation to your ideas about Gordon Brown's immigration policy and your backwards rumour that 3 in 10 bus drivers are Polish.

Also, we don't have more immigrants than any other country.

Sigh.

Infact the polish are starting to leave now that they can make money back in Poland.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I hope I'm not hearing bitching about immigrants in the UK.

Like it or not we NEED them.

The UK has an aging population, if we didn't have young immigrants coming in and making up the numbers on the work force we'd be up the brad pitter trying to pay for the pensions and NHS support of our oldies.

You have a very good point. That is why I think I should implement my new idea. Kull all people when they reach retirement age.
Lets face it, old people were designed to get in the way. The population would go down, the NHS wouldn't need to spend so much on looking after 'dead people walking', they wouldn't get mugged so crime rrates would be down and most importantly they wouldn't run you over in stupid mobility scooters, because they haven't gone for their recent eye exam.

Think Logan's Run, + 30 years on the execution limit. Problem solved.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Oh how all the racists will rue their words when they can't find anyone to turn on their boiler for them
Quote by Demonbreed
You have a very good point. That is why I think I should implement my new idea. Kull all people when they reach retirement age.
Lets face it, old people were designed to get in the way. The population would go down, the NHS wouldn't need to spend so much on looking after 'dead people walking', they wouldn't get mugged so crime rrates would be down and most importantly they wouldn't run you over in stupid mobility scooters, because they haven't gone for their recent eye exam.

Mugging would go down with a big up up on murder.
Quote by Demonbreed

Haha, nice!
I don't care who immigrates here so long as they are willing to work

they should be looking at the high figures of British people who do not work and live unnecessarily off benefits.
Quote by Rocking-Rob
I don't care who immigrates here so long as they are willing to work

they should be looking at the high figures of British people who do not work and live unnecessarily off benefits.

Aye. And the only ones that complain about immigrants taking all the jobs are the ones too lazy to get a job. More often than not, an immigrant will take the job that no-one else wants to do.
Quote by Demonbreed

In proper logans run stylee they must all fight to the death in "carosel"

Seriously though, our government won't condone euthanasia to halt the suffering of a person, so I highly doubt they'd be willing to cull them all just to "get them out of the way".

Plus, my Da is only 10 years off retirement and I don't think I'd like to see him dead that soon.
Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the retirement age raised to 70 or higher in my working lifetime. And as retirement age goes up, life expectancy goes down.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Aye. And the only ones that complain about immigrants taking all the jobs are the ones too lazy to get a job. More often than not, an immigrant will take the job that no-one else wants to do.

aye, then they shout "job stealer"

granted some people do need benefits as they've hit rough times, and thats all fair and those people are out searching for a job and sometimes it is hard with the "sorry no experience, no job" but they are looking for a job and iwll find one. It's those who see benifits as their excuse not to get a job I have a problem with.
Quote by Rocking-Rob
Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the retirement age raised to 70 or higher in my working lifetime. And as retirement age goes up, life expectancy goes down.

Retirement age was initially calculated by "average life expectancy -5 years"

Now life expectancy is up they're having to cover pensions for longer, and as you get older your body fails more and more requiring more medical attention, more pressure on the NHS.

So yeah, we'll probably be seing an increase in the retirement age soon.

I almost lol'd in a lecture today when aging was described as a somatic "disease". Unfortunately it's a disease you catch when you're born.
the thing is, just because the life expectancy is going up doesn't mean that your ability to work to the best of your ability goes up with it,

It's sad that you'll retire but you will be so old as to not be able to enjoy the rest of your life as you'll be that old.
My mate emigrated to Canada a few weeks ago. Says it's boring but the people are really nice.

Britain has been very multi-cultural since the 1950's. First with Irish immagrants, then Indian and Pakistan, then Africans, now Eastern Europeans. I like immagrants, most work bloody hard and if they speak English, are really polite and nice.
Quote by Tom_hatton

You might wish to re-think and research your figures a bit more. Britain isn't even the top in the EU figures for Immigration, let alone the world.

Generalisations without fact are, my friend, stupid.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by Moggan13
My mate emigrated to Canada a few weeks ago. Says it's boring but the people are really nice.

Britain has been very multi-cultural since the 1950's. First with Irish immagrants, then Indian and Pakistan, then Africans, now Eastern Europeans. I like immagrants, most work bloody hard and if they speak English, are really polite and nice.

Do you mean 1850s? I say this simply because you mentioned the Irish who emigrated here in droves long before the 1950s.
To Australia! Seriously though, theis countrys immigration policy is a shambles. Just let anyone in, regardless of any skills or money (don't worry, we'll pay you to live here)...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
So you're thinking about emigrating because of immigration? seems a bit like those people who go on holiday to spain and refuse to speak spanish.
Last edited by kaptink at Mar 3, 2008,
Quote by meh!
Do you mean 1850s? I say this simply because you mentioned the Irish who emigrated here in droves long before the 1950s.

My mistake, thanks for correcting...

My grandad immigrated from Ireland in the 1950's...So yeah...
Quote by kaptink
So you're thinking about emigrating because of immigration? seems a bit like those people who go on holiday to spain and refuse to speak spanish.

Well not simply because of immigration, but it is one of the factors.
Just don't immigrate to America unless you have no other choice...our government and populace already hates everyone but the standard white-trash stereotype.

They give our country a bad name, and everyone hates us now because of them.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Thebiz
Just don't immigrate to America unless you have no other choice...our government and populace already hates everyone but the standard white-trash stereotype.

They give our country a bad name, and everyone hates us now because of them.

Haha, I wasn't thinking about America. It'll be Canada if anywhere.
Quote by Tom_hatton

I think that complaining about immigration, then considering it yourself is a little hypocritical, no?

We do not need people like you in this country complaining about immigration, when immigration has kept our economy afloat for years now. I would say that that statistic is bullshit as well, where did you read that, The Sun?

This country needs more hardworking immigrants if anything, and the lazy, xenophobic layabouts shipped off to the Arctic.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by Tom_hatton
Haha, I wasn't thinking about America. It'll be Canada if anywhere.

Canadians love everyone, just look at Halifax!
(Reference?)
Immigrants are great and make closet/social racists splutter into their daily mail!
Quote by Jackolas
Immigrants are great and make closet/social racists splutter into their daily mail!

The best immagrants are the ones who speak English instead of pointing and making Hmm? noises ...Joke...
Quote by the_astronaut
I think that complaining about immigration, then considering it yourself is a little hypocritical, no?

We do not need people like you in this country complaining about immigration, when immigration has kept our economy afloat for years now. I would say that that statistic is bullshit as well, where did you read that, The Sun?

This country needs more hardworking immigrants if anything, and the lazy, xenophobic layabouts shipped off to the Arctic.

Like I said, its not the main reason. I just hate people who sponge off the state (a good deal of immigrants do it). Families bringing elderly relatives over and the Government allowing to claim anything they like? Screw that.

I totally agree with you about lazy people, but you refuse to acknowledge that some of those people are immigrants. The bottom line is, Britain is a pushover.

This is only a small part of me considering moving somewhere else.
Quote by Moggan13
The best immagrants are the ones who speak English instead of pointing and making Hmm? noises ...Joke...

Most immigrants speak better English than so called "English born".

Quote by Tom_hatton
Like I said, its not the main reason. I just hate people who sponge off the state (a good deal of immigrants do it). Families bringing elderly relatives over and the Government allowing to claim anything they like? Screw that.

I totally agree with you about lazy people, but you refuse to acknowledge that some of those people are immigrants. The bottom line is, Britain is a pushover.

This is only a small part of me considering moving somewhere else.

Uh oh, hate? Strong word there! How many immigrant families or individuals do you know; specifically that sponge off the state?

Note, the answer cannot include made up stories from the Sun/Mail/Times/Express.

What makes you believe Britain is a push over? Would you rather it was a cold hard place?
^
I've said it before

Polish Immagrants arrive
Brit: "There taking all our jobs!"
Polish people head back home as the economy and conditions have improved
Brit: "Who's gonna do these jobs now? I'm not doing that job! Someone else can do it!"
Romanian Immagrants arrive
Brit "There taking all our jobs!"

Note: This counts for a VERY small percentage of British Citizens.
Quote by Jackolas
Most immigrants speak better English than so called "English born".

Anyone from Glasgow...Cant understand a word!!
Page 1 of 3