Sorry for making new threads all the time, but gotta know these things they're pretty important.

Can the Valve King 212 handle these things:

~It's loud enough to play in a band
~It can deliever good metal sound (mainly Metallica and Iron Maiden)
~It's worth the price

Yeah that's it.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Yes.
Yes.
And yes.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Yes its loud enough to play a gig!(trust me its loud!)
you may want a booster pedal to get a really good metal sound but it can handle it.
The price is very good especially for that kind of amp.

Try reading some reviews and doing research on it if still in doubt.
Or if you can try it out for yourself.
Yes. Even the 112 is loud enough
Yes. It can go even heavier than that.
Yes.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i almost got one but it had too much gain for me.... but yeah man its one hell of an amp and should bea ble to deal with what you want it too
Sounds hella sweet!

Thanks for answers.

How much is a booster pedal? A decent one.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
A decent OD I assume?
Well I use a Marshall BB-II overdrive and it boosts perfectly, though I'd probably go for a tube OD, maybe the new Ibanez tubeking, it's cheaper than those damage control ones but similarly made.
Yes, yes, and yes. I would get the 112 if I were you.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Yes, yes, and yes. I would get the 112 if I were you.

Why not the 212? It is like 50 € more.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
WAIT! DON'T LISTEN TO THESE DUMBASSES!

The Valveking is a great amp and it's definitely loud enough for a band. However, you definitely won't be able to get a good metal sound out of it. You'll need a distortion pedal.

My recommendation: Look for a used marshall VS100 212 combo.
Quote by hardrock1315

The Valveking is a great amp and it's definitely loud enough for a band. However, you definitely won't be able to get a good metal sound out of it. You'll need a distortion pedal.

Isn't it enough with A Zoom G2 for that?

How much does one of those marshall go for? But I've heard some **** stuff 'bout Marshall's amp lately...
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by hardrock1315

Have you even tried the amp? Put the gain all the way up and enable gain+volume boost, and you're set for about anything.

It's an awesome amp.
I think the only marshall you could get for the same price is MG, which is a big heap of crap.
Last edited by Toolshed#9 at Mar 3, 2008,
The Valveking is a great amp for the price. If the distortion isn't quite to your liking buy a nice O/D pedal, not a big deal at all.
Quote by hardrock1315

What? Did your mother drop you on your head or something? I'm assuming you haven't played it if you think you need a distortion pedal to get a decent metal tone out of these amplifiers.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yes.
Somewhat, I guess Yes. I bought an OD cuz I craved more.
And yes.

I got my VK212 new for the same price as a VK112. So it was totally worth it for me.
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Quote by fila_93
Sorry for making new threads all the time, but gotta know these things they're pretty important.

1.It's loud enough to play in a band
2.It can deliever good metal sound (mainly Metallica and Iron Maiden)
3.It's worth the price

Yeah that's it.

1.yes
2.no
3.no
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
But I can't afford any more pedals, my budget is exactly 500 € and i get a 212 for that money. Can't my Zoom handle it?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
I don't see what's wrong with the 112. I played on one with a few guitars at a shop and it sounded pretty goodforthe price. I never played the 212, but I imagine it's nearly the same thing, with just a little more power. I'm pretty sure it's a good buy.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I don't see what's wrong with the 112. I played on one with a few guitars at a shop and it sounded pretty goodforthe price. I never played the 212, but I imagine it's nearly the same thing, with just a little more power. I'm pretty sure it's a good buy.

Okay. Did you get that crunchy metal sound aswell?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Should I go for the 212 or is the 112 loud enough? The onyl difference between these are the loudness, right?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by fila_93
Should I go for the 212 or is the 112 loud enough? The onyl difference between these are the loudness, right?

No, the 212 has controls for presence and resonance plus resonance and impedance switches on the back
i have the 112
amazing amp
but i would rather have a pedal for the distortion
the didtortion is good but it can be better
amazing amp tho, i love it
Yes
Yes
Yes

The amp is more than enough volume-wise (seriously loud, you would still be fine volume-wise with even the 112) and can easily handle the bands that you mentioned as well as heavier. You really don't NEED an OD pedal. Probably the best first pedal to get with the VK is an EQ pedal. Either the MXR 10-band EQ, or if money is a concern, the Danelectro Fish & Chips is a great EQ, especially for the price.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by fila_93
Okay. Did you get that crunchy metal sound aswell?

It was a really crunchy amp; surprisingly crunchy, but after messing with it for awhile, I noticed that it could do alot of things and get a lot of tones. I think you'd be wrong not to buy this. I probably will pick one up in the near future.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
It was a really crunchy amp; surprisingly crunchy, but after messing with it for awhile, I noticed that it could do alot of things and get a lot of tones. I think you'd be wrong not to buy this. I probably will pick one up in the near future.

Yeah, by messing around with the texture and cab response you can get some pretty smooth distortion as well.
Quote by fila_93

~It's loud enough to play in a band
~It can deliever good metal sound (mainly Metallica and Iron Maiden)
~It's worth the price

Yeah that's it.

yeah, I have one.

1. yeah. you'll never need to go past 4 or 5 volume.

2. good, but not amazing.

3. yeah, i'd say, if that is your top price limit

you don't need an OD pedal, it has more gain then you'd ever need. i'd say go with a noise gate.
Okay. Think I'm gonna order a 212 today.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
damn i will order one soon..only 70€ to go. hope it rocks