I bought a set of 81/85's down at my local retailer the other day.

They said they would install the set for $50. SO, it might take a week or two.

Should i have done it myself? I have no experience, but my dad's a do-it-yourslef guy, and he got pissed that i didn't brignt the set to him.

Was the $50 a good investment?
Last edited by restless_thrash at Mar 3, 2008,
I tried to fit some pickups and ended taking my guitar to the shop very embarrassed by my handy work
Quote by Bendybaws
I tried to fit some pickups and ended taking my guitar to the shop very embarrassed by my handy work

as did i!

TS: you probably just saved your pickups and guitar by making that choice
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
yes you almost have to rewire your whole guitar for actives
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
$50 is not bad for a pick-up install.

1 or 2 weeks is a disgusting amount of time to wait.

I had a pickup install and full setup done on my guitar in like 2/3 days.
Routing? I didn't need to do routing when I installed the EMGs in my guitar. EMG pickups are quite simple to wire. You even get the diagram with the pickups.

I personally think that was a waste of money.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Routing? I didn't need to do routing when I installed the EMGs in my guitar. EMG pickups are quite simple to wire. You even get the diagram with the pickups.

I personally think that was a waste of money.

you probably had a spot for the battery pack already. The electronics cab in my guitar barely fits the electronics themselves, let alona a battery pack.
Quote by Bendybaws

So did I, but all of the electronics was ****ed up and I tried to wire it right. Guess something went wrong.
I Like Cake
Quote by restless_thrash
you probably had a spot for the battery pack already. The electronics cab in my guitar barely fits the electronics themselves, let alona a battery pack.

Do you not have any cavities at all? You could put them where your pots are. A 9 volt battery doesn't take up much room.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Meh, one week or two, $50? Maybe you could've gone somewhere else, but once they're all set up and good to go, I'm sure that's all that matters.
I spent $90 to have my Seymour Duncans installed once... and it took them 1.5 months to do it. They weren't even active!!!

Half the price, fraction of the time... you sir, have a win by my standards.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
No it wasn't. You could have put the battery in the back cavity where your pots are.
Sorry dude, wrong forum. This belongs in GB&C, not in the Pit.

*reported*

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.