So I was thinking about what I should buy next, and I was thinking that I should get a Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ and a Bad Monkey OD to help beef up the really chunky parts of my songs. And then I got to thinking I should get two of each so I can set them different, one for extra chug and one for a great lead tone.

Is that a good idea?
Is there a better version of either pedal that I should get specifically for the chugg or the lead tone?
Do I put the OD in front of the amp or in the FX loop?
And which for the EQ?

Thanks...
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer, Worn Cherry-

Amps:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 - 1 x 12 Combo, 100 watts, Hybrid

Effects:
Blues Driver Keeley Modded
The Bad Monkey doesn't have enough gain to 'chug'. It's an overdrive pedal. Unless you're going to boost it. Even still, I've never liked the sound of a boosted hybrid amp, they end up sounded overly mucky and harsh.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Oh Okay...any ideas then? I'm sure I could cut and boost certain frequencies to get more chug, correct?
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:

Amps:

Effects:
Quote by deathforyouth
Oh Okay...any ideas then? I'm sure I could cut and boost certain frequencies to get more chug, correct?

Maybe. I don't know very much on the technical aspects of EQ pedals but it could probably be done.

If you really want extra chug or something, why not use a distortion pedal on the clean channel? Something like a Metal Muff.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
idk cant you just turn up your bass or does it sound murky?
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
Yeah, turning up the bass doesn't really add chug, just muck. It makes it very muddy and poopy sounding. So I guess I don't know. I've heard that by cutting the 200hz and boosting the 100hz you can get more chug and clean it up a bit, but those may be the wrong frequencies.
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:

Amps:

Effects:
Quote by deathforyouth
Yeah, turning up the bass doesn't really add chug, just muck. It makes it very muddy and poopy sounding. So I guess I don't know. I've heard that by cutting the 200hz and boosting the 100hz you can get more chug and clean it up a bit, but those may be the wrong frequencies.

If by adjusting the frequencies you mean making a smiley face EQ, No.
Thats one thing not to do.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
No, I'm not talking about scooping mids...
I've just heard there are certain frequencies to cut to get rid of muddiness and others to help boost that thumpiness.
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:

Amps:

Effects:
Quote by deathforyouth
No, I'm not talking about scooping mids...
I've just heard there are certain frequencies to cut to get rid of muddiness and others to help boost that thumpiness.

ok, good.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer