So my band split up which includes losing the van we used to have to drive our gear around in.

So im thinking of selling my JCM900 half stack and getting a Combo, a 1x12 or 2x12.

Something that can get me a nice hard rock sound, something nice a loud and with an extention cabinet speaker output on, just incase I decide to keep the cabinet and just go with the combo at smaller/support gigs.

I think I'd have around £500 ($1000) roughly to spend.

The Marshall JVM would be out of price range and I dont need all those options.

I'm inerested in the Marshall Vintage Modern Combo, DSL401, TSL601/602 and 5150 combo options.

Anyone got any good suggestions?
How hard is hard rock for you exactly? I don't reccomend either type of JCM200. The combos are very mediocre for what they are charging. 5150s are great for metal so they might be good for you depending on how heavy you go.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
How hard is hard rock for you exactly? I don't reccomend either type of JCM200. The combos are very mediocre for what they are charging. 5150s are great for metal so they might be good for you depending on how heavy you go.

Hhmmm let me think of good examples...

Anything from Guns N Roses to Bullet for my valentine.

And yes I'm going to miss the stack
Quote by PaulTheVillan
Hhmmm let me think of good examples...

Anything from Guns N Roses to Bullet for my valentine.

And yes I'm going to miss the stack

why not just get a JCM 900 combo?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by acdcrocks0323
It's a shame you guys get raped for Mesa prices or I would reccomend a Mesa F-30. I actually think that a JCM800 combo with an OD would do GNR best but I'm not sure how it could handle Bullt For My Valentine.

well, the only thing that will be getting bullet tones are metal amps, like mesas and 5150's, etc.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I would get a JCM900 combo but generally they aint brilliant amps, I think I got lucky and got a gem, although I was using an OD infront of the clean channel on max, but dont wanna do that again unless its a nice old JCM800