all right... i bought a gibson les paul double cut pro from this guy. he says he bought the guitar 2006 winter. the serial number confirms made in 2006. and he has everything from the receipt of purchase and certificate. now when i buy used guitars, i'm very careful because i've been f**ked once. but when i asked him if he ever adjusted the neck, he said never. he said he never took out the rod cover. which i found a bit fishy. i live in korea so we have all 4 seasonal changes. and i find myself at least adjusting the rods on my guitar once or twice a year. and another thing i found weird was the fact that he had those gel bags that you put in your hardcase during the summer to suck out the extra mositure. i asked him "aren't you supposed to take these out during the winter?" and he just said "i don't think so." but anyways, i bought the guitar because it seemed in good condition and when i came home, i realized that the finish right between the body and the neck seemed a bit weird. as shown in the picture, its not clean and it looks rigid and ****. i've owned gibsons before and this was the first time i saw this. so i called him right away and i told him about it and that i wanted a refund. but he was saying that "its a mis-lacquer-finish. gibson isn't as high-end as ibanez so don't expect everything to be perfect. the lp dc pros are one of the low end guitars. they're not custom or historic so of course the finish will be sloppy." anyways, we decided to meet up tomorrow so i can show him but he doesn't think its a big problem. but i do. anyways, judging from the picture, what do you guys think? any gibson owners here?

Equipments:
Fender American Telecaster N7
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

"There's only two colors around the world. That's pink and green. Making love and making money." - Blacks20
i cant see anything wrong with it

stop being a crybaby or ull never make it big time
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
You may be able to buff some of that out. Nitro is kind of a self-healing finish. So if its not bubbles of glue try some strenuous buffing.
Be aware that there is such a thing as a factory second, even among Gibsons. That my be what you are dealing with.
Quote by uldhppi
You may be able to buff some of that out. Nitro is kind of a self-healing finish. So if its not bubbles of glue try some strenuous buffing.

thanx~ but i'm not concerned about the look of it. i'm wondering if it means the neck isn't messed up.
Equipments:
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

"There's only two colors around the world. That's pink and green. Making love and making money." - Blacks20
The neck may have gotten hot in someone's trunk. When that happens the glue may become soft and when the guitar cools down the neck reglues itself in a different position. Could be a problem. If the guitar plays alright and the neck angle is ok it may not be a big deal. I would take it to a repair shop for a second opinion. Good luck.
Have you played it? If it sounds fine and plays fine don't make a big deal about it. Don't set necks always look kind of like that?

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Quote by uldhppi
Be aware that there is such a thing as a factory second, even among Gibsons. That my be what you are dealing with.

Actually, Gibson stopped denoting seconds YEARS ago and just ships them all out now. So with their current QC, the line between a First and second with Gibson is clear as mud.
Quote by CJRocker
Actually, Gibson stopped denoting seconds YEARS ago and just ships them all out now. So with their current QC, the line between a First and second with Gibson is clear as mud.

You are indeed correct. Gibson claims that any guitar which would have been once designated a factory second is now destroyed. I wonder how many of these make it out the back door to be sold on the street. Not sure I see Gibson burning up piles of finished instruments. I'd bet there is a black market for these guitars. Just my suspicions, no facts to back this up.
Quote by uldhppi
You are indeed correct. Gibson claims that any guitar which would have been once designated a factory second is now destroyed. I wonder how many of these make it out the back door to be sold on the street. Not sure I see Gibson burning up piles of finished instruments. I'd bet there is a black market for these guitars. Just my suspicions, no facts to back this up.

true~ i heard from a lot of experienced guitarists that gibson ships all the good models to the US and the rest elsewhere.
Equipments:
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0