Okay, I am a fan of the Explorer design and I know Dean makes a similar shaped guitar. But all I can find is really low quality models for like 200 dollars. Are they any decent models of the Dean Explorer?

And please, don't tell me to get the ESP version or the Gibson version.
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer, Worn Cherry-

Amps:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 - 1 x 12 Combo, 100 watts, Hybrid

Effects:
Blues Driver Keeley Modded
It's called a Dean Z. Look on eBay etc. I know GC sells them too.
Yeah, the Z. Okay, thanks.

I've looked on many internet music stores but all the Z's are cheapos it seems.

Let me ask you this, do you think this guitar would be better than an Ibanez Iceman?
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:

Amps:

Effects:
Quote by deathforyouth
Yeah, the Z. Okay, thanks.

I've looked on many internet music stores but all the Z's are cheapos it seems.

Let me ask you this, do you think this guitar would be better than an Ibanez Iceman?

Well since I think Ibanez are teh pwn, yes. But I've never actually played a Dean Z.

Not to mention that the Iceman is just awesome, especially if you can get one of the older models that are discontinued.
Have you looked at the Hamer Standard Custom?

They're fantastic guitars, and totally inexpensive. Definitely better than the cheaper Deans.

http://www.hamerguitars.com/?fa=detail&mid=394&sid=196

Edit: Also, look at www.carlinoguitars.com, as they have a HUGE range of Deans.

http://www.carlinoguitars.com/DeanGuitarModels4.html this page has a black-gold Dean Z @ $699. Is that more what you're after?

Yummy
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Mar 3, 2008,
I've been looking at alot of ML's lately. Some of the better quality Z's I saw were probably at places like:

Carlino's Guitars
Elderly Instruments
Funky Monkey Music
brgmore

I'm sure there are others but those are the ones that come to mind. Also try narrowing your search to include 79 series. check the Dean website for more. I'm pretty sure the price range was between $199 and about $700US. Not sure about the floyd rose. I know you can get one on an ML at about $600 all mahogany, set neck. I think there is a similar model in the Z. Good luck

Edit: Sorry the guy above me covered the one I was thinking of.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Yeah I have been checking out the black gold model, with the transparent black finish.

$699...yeah!!!

Thanks.
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:

Amps:

Effects:
Quote by ketiov
Well since I think Ibanez are teh pwn, yes. But I've never actually played a Dean Z.

Not to mention that the Iceman is just awesome, especially if you can get one of the older models that are discontinued.

Ibanez Iceman sucks balls, When you just hang your guitar 'round you, it slips down.... (but in my opinion all Ibanez-guitars suck bigtime)

Unfortunaly all Dean Z's are cheap-o... it looks like dean is totally wanking on dimebag's death by only making ML's and Razorbacks....

like -MintSauce- said, try a Hamer, great guitars!

I'm sorry man, but it really seems like for metal, you'll need to go ESP or Gibson (and I know, you said I didn't need to tell you that)... The gibson is great for every style though!
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
Well, if I got a Hamer...would there be a good choice of pickups for some heavier stuff?

I've heard Tom Rockfield PU's are great...is it true?
No worries, no EMG's wanted....
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:

Amps:

Effects: