Hey guys nd gals,

im new on this site, i was wondering whether id have trouble starting with a normal sized acoustic guitar. I have really small fingers. i mean really really small. would i have trouble with a regular acoustic guitar?? thanks..
youd probably be better of with an electric in my opinion if youve got small fingers.
“I feel the same way about disco, as I do about herpes” - Hunter S. Thompson
you guys always say that you have to go to the shop and try out, but imagine. you have decieded to start playing guitar and you walk in a guitar shop and you ask to try some guitars.

get the point?
when you are new with guitars you can't play anything and when you can't play anything you can't try out a guitar because you don't know how.

at threadstarter, go to a guitar shop and ask for advise and I think you should start of with a normal sized acoustic
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
my fingers are quite small too but it hasn't really limited me (except i can't do big 4 finger stretches). you should be ok with a normal sized acoustic.
I doubt it. I know tiny people who can play a 6 string bass with ease. It is all about developing the strength and flexability in the hands. Guitarists complaining about having the stretch just haven't practised enough.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stwb
my fingers are quite small too but it hasn't really limited me (except i can't do big 4 finger stretches). you should be ok with a normal sized acoustic.

My freind has a regular acoustic guitar. I tried to stretch my fingers as far as i could while still being able to fret properly. I got from the 1st fret to the 5th with index and pinky. is that ok??
look at the guy from Children of Bodom, he has small hands but he kicks ass
Quote by mindlessFanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by stwb

My freind has a regular acoustic guitar. I tried to stretch my fingers as far as i could while still being able to fret properly. I got from the 1st fret to the 5th with index and pinky. is that ok??

lol that's fine..
ive got small hands to, but you really just learn to work around it. actually, its not even like its a disadvantage, you just learn in your own way

just practice and youll get good no matter what the hand size
Small hands/fingers isn't really an excuse. No arms, thats an excuse.
Quote by Ze_Metal
Small hands/fingers isn't really an excuse. No arms, thats an excuse.

obviously uve never seen the bassist from big toe.......
Well go for a acoustic with a thinner neck maybe. ibanez and takemine have quite thin necks.
Quote by Thomme
Fella's, arguing like this on the internet is like the special olympics.

My Gear
Ibanez RG2EX1
Ibanez GRX20Z
Boss - MT2
Boss- DS1
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah
Strings - Ernie Ball12's
Amp- Behringer V-Tone
Amp- Line6 Spider 3 75w