so does anyone know some exercises or workouts i could do to help my guitar playing/speed or whatever while im like sitting at school, and dont have a guitar with me?? just wondering, thnx
so you want to know guitar exercises to increase your speed but you don't have a guitar to do them with......
craystarR
Only thing I can think of is just tapping your fingers on the desk from pinky to pointer, and then back, over and over. It did kind of help me with my sweeps since going pointer to pinky is a bit against the minds usual directive.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Sex is over-rated. I prefer Pokemon Diamond.
Quote by Vale_Deo
Only thing I can think of is just tapping your fingers on the desk from pinky to pointer, and then back, over and over. It did kind of help me with my sweeps since going pointer to pinky is a bit against the minds usual directive.

Wow, I thought I was the only person who did that...
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
as sad as it sounds if i have a song in my head i try and tap it out using all 4 fingers and thumb in correspondance to where it would be on a guitar hero controller

A friend of mine plays the flute and he showed me a technique he was taught for finger independance.

Put your fingers tip-down on any surface, then raise your ring and index fingers, keeping your middle and pinky fingers on the surface. Then switch.

It encourages tendon independance.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
thanx, i appreciate the help, i know it sounded wierd about not using a guitar but its greatly appreciated. just wanted to make the most out of my time. lol
dexterity exercises are fairly easy.

I started using a calculator at work. I did 1 + 1, then decided to hit it say four times with my index finger, six times with my middle, four with my ring then six with my little finger. This comes to 20 times. You can work on whichever finger you think needs most work or do some random, obscure numbers to try and catch yourself out.

The flute exercise is good, also good is the tapping to a song, though not likely to guitar hero ideals, more to just ascending and descending notes. A scale has seven notes but you only have four fingers and a thumb. A pentatonic riff would be handy for this.

Another popular way is just to twirl a pencil or a penny in the fingers of your left hand. This does encourage your fingers to work on the impulse of a muscle however, so it can cause problems if used alone too much.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cR2NlewXApU
That's the obvious, as controlled and fast as you can get it . Helps with both hands though obviously fretting first, and doing it with both at the same help helps coordination.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!