Page 1 of 2
I dont know about you, but i dont mind them...
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Those are sick, I definitely want a futura
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Hmm... They arent that bad, maybe apart from the EM-2's they are F***ing UUUUGGGGLLLLYYYY!!!!
The Snaggle Toothed Pirate
they look pretty sexy but i doubt they'll play like a jackson or an ibanez or a metal guitar and they most likely have a bunch of manufacturing errors like all epiphones do

once i was playing an epiphone in a store and my hands felt weird and when i looked at my fingers the finish on the fretboard was rubbing off onto my hand!
horrible
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
I'd be much happier with a different finish if it's available & an FX-LP Version.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
The LP's are quite attractive if you ask me. If only the black one came with something other than EMG's though.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Fight The Foo!
Hmm... They arent that bad, maybe apart from the EM-2's they are F***ing UUUUGGGGLLLLYYYY!!!!

They almost look like a mix of an Ibanez RG, and a Rickenbacker 325c guitar. horrible.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

I like the quilted maple, but otherwise they just look like average metal guitars. Not my cup of tea.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
I like the futura. It like a slimed down version of the explorer with a floyd and 24 frets. Heck if the trend continues, Gibson might even convert it to a neck through design. hmmmm.... Imagine this, a 24 fret neck through Explorer with a Floyd from Gibson. I'd love to have an axe like that.
they look a little to glossy for me, but I dont think one of em could ever replace gibsons (despite the fact that their quality is crap)
But I find the 24 frets on the Les Paul kinda silly. Its not like it still has the HUGE heel that been plaguing that guitar since the dawn of time!
The Explorer style one is a bit ugly, but the others will suit those who are into modern styling.

They should do a Prophecy version of the Dot.
I think that Epiphone are making a great move with the Prophecy range. Okay, I only like the black-quilted EMG-equipped SG, but I still commend them for their decision. I agree that they could have at least made the Les Paul models neck-through, and sorted the heel out.
Quote by Kendall
The LP's are quite attractive if you ask me. If only the black one came with something other than EMG's though.

+1.....
That black is sweeeet
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Well, I really wouldn't consider any of these designs new. They're just slightly different versions of guitars that already exist. Epiphone makes it sound like that actually invented some new designs.

That said, the Les Paul Custom EX looks awesome. I don't like the Futura (the shape's ugly, in my opinion), but if I had to have one, the FX version has some really cool stuff on it. The "SpeedTaper" neck looks cool on the EM-2, but overall, I don't like the guitar. And the SG Custom EX isn't bad, however I definitely don't like the gold on the GX version.
Quote by led,rainsong
they look pretty sexy but i doubt they'll play like a jackson or an ibanez or a metal guitar and they most likely have a bunch of manufacturing errors like all epiphones do

once i was playing an epiphone in a store and my hands felt weird and when i looked at my fingers the finish on the fretboard was rubbing off onto my hand!
horrible

ive had 2 les paul standards (one broke) and both have had something wrong with them, the first one had a massive gap where the bridge joined into the body and the nut wasnt glued on, and my second one i have a problem with some rattling in the neck pickup (you cant hear it over the amp but its annoying when i play it acoustically ).

But i think theyre pretty cool wouldnt mind a futura.
I think these are all just standard epi/gibson line guitars...apart from that EM-2...that looked like failure.

Anyway, I think these gutiars will be quite costy.
I wasn't a huge fan of the Futura or EM ones, but I thought that the Les Paul Custom GX was pretty sexy.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dude I'm actually digging the Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy GX Electric Guitar. It has Dirty Fingers and a coil tapping, plus a Les Paul that is 24 frets. Hope it sound as good as it looks

I actually like the black color one, but it has emg which i don't like in my humble opinion, don't hate
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
the black one is supposed to be absolutely mindblowing
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by greggybhoy
The Explorer style one is a bit ugly, but the others will suit those who are into modern styling.

They should do a Prophecy version of the Dot.

Yesss.

Nooo.
Can anyone tell me when "quick disconnecting technology" became cool?
"Acoustic Guitars are totally lame and not metal"- Nathan Explosion
What are you on about they're a bad idea? I geniunely thank you for showing me them, i think they look great, and are a very good idea.
My Gear:

Jackson RR5
Marshall TSL601 Limited Edition Racing Green
I like the SGs, and if the red one had silver or black hardware, it would be even better. I really like Explorer-shaped guitars, but the Futura is ugly. A quilt top on an explorer is awesome, but the top left side is too high up. if it were the same shape as the normal Explorer, that would be awesome.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Yesss.

Nooo.

I don't know if I outlined my sarcasm totally

Imagine an Epiphone Zephyr Regent Prophecy!
I was pretty satisfied until I hit the Futura. It went seriously downhill from that.
The SG & Paul EX models look very similar to the ESP Viper & Eclipse. I like those two,but I can't stand the shape of the Epiphone headstock.
5150 Combo
LTD Viper 400 (EMG 81/85)
I think all of those besides the EM-2s are really cool looking. I definitely want to try some out sometime.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by muff diver
I like the futura. It like a slimed down version of the explorer with a floyd and 24 frets. Heck if the trend continues, Gibson might even convert it to a neck through design. hmmmm.... Imagine this, a 24 fret neck through Explorer with a Floyd from Gibson. I'd love to have an axe like that.

I don't like that it's slimmer than a standard Explorer. it looks anorectic to me.

But yeah, that would be one hell of a guitar. I would buy one
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
the red LP does not look so bad
but i would look great with cloes pickups
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
This seems like a response to Schecter. Cheap, good-looking, foreign-made guitars. They seem like they are targeting that same market of amateur metalheads and beginners wowed by those thin little flame veneer tops. Probably the same quality as other Epiphones in terms of actual sound or playability though.
Quote by Food_for_funk
This seems like a response to Schecter. Cheap, good-looking, foreign-made guitars.

Schecters are made in America dude...
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Yeah, I'm really thinking about picking up one of those Futura FXs.... looks badass & you can't beat that price for a guitar w/ emgs, & original floyd rose...$650 isn't bad at all. To make it even better its a cool design and color. I love it!
Quote by Shirate
Schecters are made in America dude...

Actually they are made in South Korea and set up in the USA, the custom shops are made in the US though.
^correct
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky