Recently I've been listening to the Silversun Pickups alot and I dig their guitars sound. Its a calming sound but in certain sections of the song he unleashed this amazing sounding chaotic distortion and it sounds too good to be true. I'd like to capture that distortion but I'm not sure what pedal to invest in or is it something I could achieve on my amp (Peavey Envoy 110)

http://www.myspace.com/silversunpickups

If you got the time listen through a few of their songs and check out their distortion in certain parts. Alot of it is Bass that is distorted but the main parts is guitar that I want to capture!
Line6 DT50 212<br>
Line6 Pod HD500<br>
Fender Telecaster JA-90<br>
Fender Telecaster 79 custom<br>
Also the band Bloody Valentine carries the same sort of distortion! its a real deep distortion but its not to metal sounding..God forbid i don't want that metal crap
Line6 DT50 212<br>
Line6 Pod HD500<br>
Fender Telecaster JA-90<br>
Fender Telecaster 79 custom<br>
Hey dude, I have pretty much found their exact tone.

I use the clean channel of my Chute CC-04 all tube for my cleans,
(check the reviews on UG i made one)

I use my Boss Bluesdriver for their overdrive

and My Fuzzface for the fuzz.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
it's MY bloody valentine btw. from what i read kevin shields of mbv is really meticolous with his tone. he's played through two amps face to face on some songs or something like that. i dunno try a big muff.
Wrong forum.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.