Quote by CroneR
I've been thinking about buying a 7 string. It seems like the next logical step since I own two 6-string electrics and an acoustic. Carvin DC-135, MIM Strat, Simon&Patrick acoustic.

I guess I would want one that is good for darker/heavier stuff than what my other two electrics play... Strat = Classic Rock and Blues, Carvin = Pretty much everything, SSH config with a coil splitter. But I want something that i can hold in my hands and feel like the ****ing grim reaper because it's so ****ing badass.

I would use it for drop tunings and all that stuff. And hopefully it will be good for me to enhance my shredding.

So what do you suggest? I have about 600-700 in my bank account from my summer job. Idk ifi want to spend it all but i'll be getting a new job soon so i might as well (its not like i have anything better to do with the money).

- I have a Fender Blues Deluxe, and a bunch of pedals. One being a metal muff and i dont care what anyone says about fender amps, i can really get a good metal tone with my muff. So ya, suggest away...!

Posted that in the 7-string thread, but i think i'll get quicker responses in here. .

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Second hand RG7620, Lo-Pro trem and DiMarzios as standard plus if you don't like the stock pickups you'll still have enough $$ left over for replacements.
I see Mother Nature equipped you for a battle of wits in the same way she equipped cows for supersonic flight.
Seen as you said you wanted it for drop tunings, I wouldnt recommend getting one with a locking trem (pains in the arse in my opinion).
Maybe a Schecter of some kind, if you got one with EMGs it would push your Fender even harder giving you a more distorted sound. Depends whether your into active pickups or not though.
If not, then an Ibanez RG7321 or an older model would be good, I dont know the specific model numbers of the old ones though, sorry.
Also look at Carvins seen as you already have one, they make exceptional 7 strings.
Quote by littlemurph7976
Seen as you said you wanted it for drop tunings, I wouldnt recommend getting one with a locking trem (pains in the arse in my opinion).

Good point well made, overlooked that in the original post. RG7621 then.......
I see Mother Nature equipped you for a battle of wits in the same way she equipped cows for supersonic flight.
Do any of the Ibanez 7 strings come with the shark tooth inlays? i hate the way the dots look.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()