i dont know too much theroy but i think this question makes sense, what is a minor scale with a major third called? or is there even a name?

thnx
maybe i dint express myself right, i mean instead of playing the 8th fret on the E string as the third note in the A minor scale i would play the 9th fret instead, which is the third note in a mojor scale
A scale is minor if it has a minor third, and major if it has a major third. But I think you're referring to the Mixolydian mode. The minor scale is 1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7. The Mixolydian mode is 1 2 3 4 5 6 b7.
well if you did have a scale with the degrees: 1 2 3 4 5 b6 b7 it would just be called mixolydian b6
A scale is minor if it has a minor third, and major if it has a major third. But I think you're referring to the Mixolydian mode. The minor scale is 1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7. The Mixolydian mode is 1 2 3 4 5 6 b7.

Agreed. The 3rd is kind of the defining note of a scale or chord.
1 2 3 4 5 b6 b7

That's the Hindu scale, the fifth mode of the melodic minor scale.
Quote by blue_strat

But the Mixolydian doesn't have a flatted sixth like the minor, so he must be talking about some other scale.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.