i bought a spider 3 15w a week ago and I was wondering if i should have gotten the crate flexwave 15w instead. I liked the spider 3 effects, but it got old after a week. I was wondering how much better sound quality I would get with the crate?
Quote by kyle62
Are you joking? In terms of 'sound quality' they're both crap - get a Champ or a Valve Junior.

Plus infinity.

The spider and flexwave phail.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If you like built in effects then roland cube is an amazing amp.

Or you could save up a wee bit more and get a valve amp
Don't worry about it man. A 15watt practice amp doesn't need to sound good, it just needs to amplify your guitar signal.

I wouldn't go with a champ or valve Jr because more than likey if you buy the spider you like metal. What is the point in buying a tube amp that you have to buy this pedal for gain, this pedal for effects etc....the spider has it all for a really really low price. It's not like metal or distortion pedals through a tube amp are going to sound any better either :/
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by kiefermatot
Are you able to bring your Spider back, and get your money back?

yup 30 day satisfaction guarantee

and to the one above me, wouldnt a crate have better distortion? I mostly use the reverb on my spider 3, which is included in the crate.
Roland Cube 30 or Vox AD15VT. Both will piss all over the spider and flexwave.

Tbh as a practice amp, the spider isnt so bad. Esp the 15 watt, its very cheap, alot to play with, and helps you understand which parts of your tone need improving.

If its an option trade it in for something a tad higher budget, if not, stick with it. I doubt the flexwave would be an improvement..

He doesnt need a valve amp at this stage... He wont appreciate one, every beginer wants a load of flashy stuff for cheap. Thats what the spiders good for.
Quote by newaccount
yup 30 day satisfaction guarantee

and to the one above me, wouldnt a crate have better distortion? I mostly use the reverb on my spider 3, which is included in the crate.

The only advantage to the spider is that crate amps have 0 color to the clean channel. If you want to hear how a pedal truly sounds, play it through a crate and you'll hear it. I'd stick with the spider.

The only amp around it's price that is better is the roland cube 20X. The microcube absolutely sucks. Spiders skeet on them any day of the week. Vox's aren't bad if you play metal, but you're getting surcharged because you live in the US. Outside the US the Valvetronix is probably the best deal.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio