I really liked the Jackson RR3 but it had a floyd rose on it, and I read somewhere that some models have a string through. Does anyone know where I can find one? I had a bridge with a locking tremolo but it got too cumbersome.
RR5 has a tune-o-matic bridge, as does the JS30 RR. Get a trem blocker?
ohai little sig.
What's a trem blocker? I saw the RR5 but its around 1200 and that's a little too much for me but i'll check out the JS30.
A trem blocker is usually a piece of wood shoved in the trem cavity so the trem can't move about.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Can someone recommend a guitar that has a flying v shape like the rr3 that doesn't have a locking tremolo?
RR3 Custom. Google it up. However, it doesn't have real Duncans, like the RR3 with FR, and the hardware is probably a little worse.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
RR3 Custom. Google it up. However, it doesn't have real Duncans, like the RR3 with FR, and the hardware is probably a little worse.

Huh? What model is this? I know there was a limited run RR3 that was identical to the RR5 save for a bolt on neck. May be hard to find now though.
wow i`ve seen more Jackson RR`s V with string through body`s then with floyds.. thinking about it i`ve never seen a RR with a floyd in person only in pic`s, at the store near me they have a Jackson RR something i don`t know which one but it`s white with gold hardware and it`s a string through, i think it`s over $1000, i never looked that closely at it though, maybe i will next time i`m in there
Quote by Slayerdeath
wow i`ve seen more Jackson RR`s V with string through body`s then with floyds.. thinking about it i`ve never seen a RR with a floyd in person only in pic`s, at the store near me they have a Jackson RR something i don`t know which one but it`s white with gold hardware and it`s a string through, i think it`s over $1000, i never looked that closely at it though, maybe i will next time i`m in there

it's the RR5 that you saw.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Quote by CJRocker
Huh? What model is this? I know there was a limited run RR3 that was identical to the RR5 save for a bolt on neck. May be hard to find now though.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--JAC2940012
This one, right? Yeah, but it also has Duncan Dsgn.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
No, there was a direct RR5 copy that was an RR3. I think the Duncan Designed is a typo, as they all had real Duncans save the X series BGF King V.
Quote by CJRocker
No, there was a direct RR5 copy that was an RR3. I think the Duncan Designed is a typo, as they all had real Duncans save the X series BGF King V.

Ahh okay. You said it was a limited run? Way to ruin my dream of owning a mid-priced string through RR...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
in the old metallica videos kirk hammett plays an rr string through body. not sure what model it is, it's probably custom
Quote by aznrockerdude
Ahh okay. You said it was a limited run? Way to ruin my dream of owning a mid-priced string through RR...

They only sold for a hair above the norm. $700 for the RR3s IIRC. Not likely to go up in value much, but you'll have one of only a hundred.

EDIT: AFAIK, Kirk's a San Dimas Rhoads. He tunes it to D Standard for Sad But True and a few others. Jaymz also used to have a White King V and they both used Soloists from time to time.