My band has had a constant problem where radio signals have been interfering with our amps through our power source in our drummers 2nd house which he and his dad use as a music studio/storage area

we were thinking about getting a power conditioner but we don't know much about things of that sort

we're in/on the way to college, and we don't have much money, so the lower the cost, the better it will be for us

this filter or device will be used by 2 guitarists and 1 bassist, and hopefully we can plug a power strip into it if needed to get more power distribution

help us out UG
HAHA, reminds me of Spinal Tap, the problem is you don't have proper grounding somewhere.
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~

"Idiot"
What kind of amp is it? (tube, modeling, solid state) Don't know if its relevant, but worth knowing...
You might want to check the grounding wire on the input jack of your guitar, make sure it's connecting well with the wire, post, and cable.

Most tube amps, if that's what you're running, have a ground lift on the back. It may help to try the ground lift in the other positions.

If you're using wall outlets instead of a power strip, usually that causes some interference to begin with.

Something that isn't necessarily a good idea but can solve the problem would be to put those 3 prong to 2 prong without the ground plug on your amps power cable.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
yeah my amp is a tube amp, my friends is a solid state

lol to the spinal tap comment, amazing movie

can a power conditioner help however?
Get better cables, shorter ones at that. Radio signals come when an unshielded or badly shielded cable is wrapped up, acting like an antenna.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by MESAexplorer

Something that isn't necessarily a good idea but can solve the problem would be to put those 3 prong to 2 prong without the ground plug on your amps power cable.

Darn right its not a good idea. NEVER, EVER DO THIS! That third prong is there for a reason. All that voltage has to go somewhere when the amp cuts off, blows a fuse, or anything else thats disrupts it's flow of power, and without that third plug, it could go right to YOU.

TS you can never be totally free of the problem. I know people with great setups in ever way; nice cables, power conditioners, etc and still get it from time to time.
Quote by CJRocker
Darn right its not a good idea. NEVER, EVER DO THIS! That third prong is there for a reason. All that voltage has to go somewhere when the amp cuts off, blows a fuse, or anything else thats disrupts it's flow of power, and without that third plug, it could go right to YOU.

TS you can never be totally free of the problem. I know people with great setups in ever way; nice cables, power conditioners, etc and still get it from time to time.

When I think back on it. I was using those 2 prong adaptors because our band practice is in an older house for about 3 years. Never had any problems yet. It's not like we cut off the ground.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Better cables.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude