hi guys I have been playing guitar for three years now and i still have my Ibanez starter amp from the combo I bought when I started guitar.
So since i started playing in the church band recently I really want to go buy a new one because I always have to borrow an amp from the church which doesnt have a very nice sound and is not my personal amp I can use at home as well.
I was wondering if you guys could recommend me any good amps for about 200-350 euro, maybe you could take into consideration that I have a Fender Stratocaster and use a Pod XT Live as well.
In the church I usually play some regular soft rock(if that's the correct term) and personally I most like to play some regular rock, metal and punk so if you could recommend me any nice amp(s) that sound good with the kind of music I like to play would be really nice. I read alot of stuff about amps on these forums already but I don't understand everything they say because I'm Dutch and it's hard to understand all the terms they use. I don't know if 200-350 euro is enough money to buy a proper amp which will last me a long time so if it's a better idea to save some more money just tell me.
If you have any tips or recommendations would be very much appreciated.
thanks in advance
Thomann.de does a 15 watt Harley Benton ALL TUBE combo for 157 Euro's. You could put a nice distortion pedal in front of it to get metal tones, although your Strat isn't really a metal guitar. 15 watts tube is more than enough volume as it will be as loud as a 45 watt transistor amp, and on top of that tube tone is way better than digital tone.

I would say that this is your best bet on a budget! The smaller GA-5 model got good reviews and this will probably be no different.

Good luck!
Quote by greggybhoy
That's not the most constructive advice ever

Quote by Eydo
I don't know if 200-350 euro is enough money to buy a proper amp which will last me a long time so if it's a better idea to save some more money just tell me.

thanks for your advice, the Harley Benton GA15 looks pretty promising I wonder if I could try it out somewhere, but is it "good enough" for live performance?
the Harley Benton GA15 looks pretty promising I wonder if I could try it out somewhere, but is it "good enough" for live performance?
Well, that Harley Benton is uber-cheap so it won't exactly be tonal nirvana...but it'll sound a few million times better than an Ibanez starter amp.
Also have a look into the Crate Palomino and Laney LC/VC series, though don't buy anything brand new if you want a good deal.
Quote by Ghold125
how many people are going to be there?

around 500-600

Quote by kyle62

Quote:
the Harley Benton GA15 looks pretty promising I wonder if I could try it out somewhere, but is it "good enough" for live performance?
Well, that Harley Benton is uber-cheap so it won't exactly be tonal nirvana...but it'll sound a few million times better than an Ibanez starter amp.
Also have a look into the Crate Palomino and Laney LC/VC series, though don't buy anything brand new if you want a good deal.

ok ill check those out as well, and looking for some good quality used amps would be a good thing as well