Page 1 of 2
Yo gang, I currently live in the UK but my gf lives in the US, and I am pretty bored around here anyway, so I wondered what I need to do to be able to go and live in America??
You have to have citizenship, and (I am a US citizen so i can say this) a really fat ass.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Well, Where does your GF live? You also are gonna need a visa until you get Citizen Ship. Also, remember that Te driving is reversed here (yes, I'm from the US, not a Great place for mainstream music, but who on UG listens to mainstream anyway?).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Mar 3, 2008,
so your bored and are just gonna move to the US just like that?
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
^^Yeah good luck with that. Heard it's a bitch to become one. Luckily I was born in NY for some reason and ended up in London. US here I come! (in about 2 years..)

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
you have to get a green card but once you get one, if you give it up to go live somewhere else you can't go back, and you should do it now, cuz 1 euro is like 1.50 american and that adds up
Ive been living in US for 4 years (not a citizen tho) and not to burst ur bubble or anything but unless u marry ur gf ur pretty much screwed, u have to wait for a rly long time for a greencard or god forbid citizenship (latter 10+ yrs), so I wouldnt recommend it. On the practical side of things, unless u guys are rly serious I dunno if it'd be the wisest to move over there jus cause of the gf. go live in spain or somethin
Quote by therealtater
you have to get a green card but once you get one, if you give it up to go live somewhere else you can't go back, and you should do it now, cuz 1 euro is like 1.50 american and that adds up

We don't use the euro buddy!
Quote by Kensai
IF YOU TYPE WITH BIG LETTERS YOUR POINT WILL COME ACROSS EASIER!

Seriously wtf was that?
Well my gf lives near Chicago, and I don't drive or anything. Well I am bored and I want to be with my gf, so it seems like a good idea. I could probably just marry her if that would help?
Quote by Roots_radical
Well my gf lives near Chicago, and I don't drive or anything. Well I am bored and I want to be with my gf, so it seems like a good idea. I could probably just marry her if that would help?

Ha, marry her on a whim like that? Im not dr. phil or whoever's a good psychologist in UK, but whens the last time u seen her?
Quote by Child In Time
You're an absolute fool.

You're an absolute f*cking idiot, let him do what he wants
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by Roots_radical

No offense but you really don't seem to have any idea of the magnitude of what you're suggesting

How old are you incedently?

edit: Eh, older than I thought
Quote by Child In Time
You're an absolute fool.

but he's a fool in love!
Quote by SG6578
You're an absolute f*cking idiot, let him do what he wants

Please direct me to the point in this thread where I tried to stop him.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by STorpedo
Ha, marry her on a whim like that? Im not dr. phil or whoever's a good psychologist in UK, but whens the last time u seen her?

NEVER call dr.phil a good psychologist.
Death Cube K

Quote by primusfan
i know an old lady who supports abortion because it's generally low-class black women getting it performed and for her the less inner-city black kids (or blacks in general) there are, the better.

Oh Damn
Quote by STorpedo

Dr. Phil isn't a good psychologist in the US, UK or anywhere.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Not so long ago, someone from my family got married to an American. They had to basically jump around, taking vacations in different countries for some time before tey got married, and she couldn't even get her greencard straight away after they got married, so it went on for a few months until she got it. A hell of a hassle.

...Soooooo...Dr. Phil is a good psychologist all of a sudden? :P
My Build! The Razorbeast Could really use some help.

I am always right. and if I am always right, my first statement about always being right, by simple logic, must be true, thus proving that I am always right. dependency loops rule.
Quote by Roots_radical
Yo gang, I currently live in the UK but my gf lives in the US, and I am pretty bored around here anyway, so I wondered what I need to do to be able to go and live in America??

Woah..woah...when did I get dropped in a Scooby Doo episode?

Coo'

Working Visa would be a good idea.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Well it isn't such a whim, I would have to save up some money and stuff, but I was pretty much just planning on popping over and staying with her, being married isn't that big of a deal reallllyyy, and I don't really see any reason not to do it cos everything is pretty bad around here, it'd be a new start in a new place with a gal I love there, sounds pretty good to me :/
Quote by ihatefender
NEVER call dr.phil a good psychologist.

lol thats why im glad im not him
Quote by mynamewontfit
Do it now while the exchange rate is so good, lol at how worthless dollars are

economic cycle is ciclical remember, dollars will be in value again sooner or later
Quote by STorpedo
economic cycle is ciclical remember, dollars will be in value again sooner or later

Yeah, as the above poster said, that's why it should be done now.

And being an economic cycle, I'd be surprised if it wasn't cyclical
Quote by Rambo-Conny
You're not allowed in the US if you use the word "gang" in that context.

then that disqualifies Scooby Do.

and whats more american than campy 70's cartoons and subversive pot references.
Quote by Roots_radical
Well it isn't such a whim, I would have to save up some money and stuff, but I was pretty much just planning on popping over and staying with her, being married isn't that big of a deal reallllyyy, and I don't really see any reason not to do it cos everything is pretty bad around here, it'd be a new start in a new place with a gal I love there, sounds pretty good to me :/

Good luck if you do it.
Quote by Colchester91
We don't use the euro buddy!

oh well then that sucks for you....I thought you did though sorry bout that
Quote by Roots_radical
OK, so if we got married I would be auto-allowed to live there, right?

yeah that's how it works.

You may have to offer some proof of a long term relationship and that you didn't just pay her money to marry you so you could immigrate. But coming from England, that should be less of a problem than if you were, say, coming from cuba.
When my uncle married his wife (who was a citizen), he still had to take all the tests and stuff to become a citizen, get background checks, etc. so it's not easy.

Though, they were both from Ireland, she had just been there longer. I'm not sure if they were more strict because of that.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by therealtater
oh well then that sucks for you....I thought you did though sorry bout that

no it doenst the pound is worth more.

Epic win for the UK !
I've been here since '04.

Quote by JC13
Which is probably why he said "Do it now".. .

To TS: I'm not gonna judge you or anything, but if you feel like moving, more power to you.. And yes, marrying her would get you a green card, but how long have you been seeing her/is this an online relationship..?

good point. how do you know your girlfriend? i think thats kind of important.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Page 1 of 2