First off I live near Toronto, Canada. I've been going from store to store recently in search of a road king or something similar but I've only found a few and their prices have been unreasonable(50% mark ups or more in most cases) on new and used gear. I've also been looking at eBay for quite some time now but find that all the fairly priced items have about 20 other people bidding on them. Living in Canada do I just need to bite the bullet and spend the extra cash ordering it at a dealer or are there other options? I would appreciate any help, thanks.
I live in ontario too although a fair bit north of toronto, what about taking a drive to the guitar centre near detroit, michigan?
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
One of the GCs in Michigan only have Rectos. Just letting yah know, I lived there not too long ago.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I think ebay or craigslist is your best bet. Just make damn sure that the tubes are new I've heard a new retubing on a roadking can cost $500+
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Check the Craigslists of cities up North such as Chicago as well.

You might just have to sit on eBay and compete with those 20 other people. Note that usually 20 bids just mean that one guy put up a bid 15 times and another guy put up his bid 5 times.
Just make sure you don't bid until theres about 3 mins left. That always works.
You gotta go to craigslists, forums, etc. At GC they have to charge a certain minimum price for them, because mesa says so.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
I'll second the just driving to the United States to get it without that huge mark up.
im from ontario as well, and have also been looking at some mesa amps.. weird.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by SG6578
I think ebay or craigslist is your best bet. Just make damn sure that the tubes are new I've heard a new retubing on a roadking can cost $500+

maybe if you used nos tubes >_>
But nos tubes would cost a lot more.
maybe a roadking retube would be more like...200?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
The RK has 14 tubes.

6x12AX7
4X6L6
2XEL34
2x5U4

Yeah, it would cost quite a bit to re tube. I am not looking forward to it.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by SG6578

$280. That was new powertubes, new preamp tubes, and new recto tubes. You don't have to replace preamp and recto tubes unless they blow. Power tubes last a few years. If you run the amp on spongy it's not too hard on the tubes either.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio