Okay, so Im buying a Powerball for sure on the 22nd. The guy just needs it for a couple shows while he waits for his roadcase for the other head. Anyways, what should I work on getting the money for next? My only guitar is a Jackson DK2M, but my cab is a Line 6 Spider II cab. What I am going for for a cab is a VHT from this guy at Guitar Center. The guy with the Powerball also has the footswitch and roadcase which he says hell hold and sell for $300. The VHT will probably run around $700. But, I might want to get another guitar. I am looking at a used UV Ibanez...which will prob run around $800...

Which would be the best idea to go for next? And if not the VHT what other cab?
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
i'd probably get a cab, assuming your guitar plays decently well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd probably get a cab, assuming your guitar plays decently well.

Indeed, it does.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
yeah, get a cab. depending on how the noisegate is (i hear the version II has a better noisegate) maybe a decimator.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the cab most definitely
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Nobody else?
Quote by tarlkea
Definatly the cab mate. It may be worth trying the head on a number of cabs if possible as the speakers and cab construction can make quite a difference in the end sound, although VHT cabs are very good.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
vadar cabs are my favorite but usually I look at the speakers and how the wood is constructed in a cab and find the best value. To me thats more important than brand. Like b-52 has a solid wood cab with vintage 30's in it for 399.... its only a 2x12 though. But you could get a marshall with the same thing in it and it would cost way more. I always look at what it has in it. My favorite budget cab is b-52.... but my favorite cabs over all are vadars.
Quote by paranormal5150
vadar cabs are my favorite but usually I look at the speakers and how the wood is constructed in a cab and find the best value. To me thats more important than brand. Like b-52 has a solid wood cab with vintage 30's in it for 399.... its only a 2x12 though. But you could get a marshall with the same thing in it and it would cost way more. I always look at what it has in it. My favorite budget cab is b-52.... but my favorite cabs over all are vadars.

The guy who I am buying it from uses Vaders, but he strongly advises against Marshalls and v30 cabs

The thing is, I think Vaders get incredible sound too...but the name just kills me. Im not sure how badly I want my cab to say "Vader" on the front of it...but then again, its an awesome cab.

I also am considering them because if Im buying the VHT for around $700-750, I might as well get a Vader for less.
Quote by tarlkea
Anyone else?

It kinda comes down to the vader and VHT
Quote by tarlkea
c'mon anyone else?
Quote by tarlkea
take off the Vader name-plate? or turn it into a "Nader" as in the next president of the United States, Ralph Nader!!!!

actually, now i'm gonna buy a Nader 4x12 cab
New cab, check out Avatar too
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Vader it is. I hear VHT's are questionable and not always consistant. Vader is what I shall purchase. So, my next goal= save up $700
Quote by tarlkea