Hi I'm thinking of getting my first electric guitar, but I don't know which one to choose, somebody just please help me out.
The budget could be around $600 with amp.
I would be playing stuff like underoath, the number twelve looks like you, the sound of animals fighting, oh sleeper... (ok I'll try to play lol)
I was thinking in getting a Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS but I'm not sure if it's the right one...
if you know nothing about guitar yet a starter pack wouldnt be bad. it usualy comes with guitar, strap, amp, some other things. save your money for when you get better. you can also sometimes find cheap 100-200 dollar guitars and $100 amps. once again not the best but right now its about saving money
pawn shop bro !!!!! till you learn to shred at least
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Ibanez.
"Acoustic Guitars are totally lame and not metal"- Nathan Explosion
Yeah checking out guitars in pawnshops is a good idea, but amp-wise you might want to spend at least 200 $ on it if you don't want to get mad every time you switch it on. I've got myself a Roland Cube for practice, the 20x got some effects plus some (good for starters) overdrive modes.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Starter packs often leave you unmotivated after a while. If seriously think to start playing guitar you should start with a guitar ABOVE low-range.
The Made in Mexico Fender is often the first choice for many beginners. I recommend you to get one of these. Or a Ibanez RG also not bad, or why not check a Hagstrom out? They have some good guitars, too.

One thing to keep in mind is that that your amp is more than 70% of your sound. Since you're a beginner I can take a good guess that you won't want to disturb other people with your beginner playing (that chases chicks away from you...). Get yourself something like a line 6 POD (Pocket POD, POD 2.0 or POD XT) or BOSS multi-effect so u can practice 'quietly' with headphone and at the same time having quite a number of sound effects available for you. After a while you can go for a Marshall or whatever...
ok thanks guys, I really don't feel like getting a beginner's pack, I've ben playing on an acoustic guitar for pretty long time so I feel like I should get something better then a beginners pack, correct me if I'm wrong
Quote by alleynik
ok thanks guys, I really don't feel like getting a beginner's pack, I've ben playing on an acoustic guitar for pretty long time so I feel like I should get something better then a beginners pack, correct me if I'm wrong

If you are serious about learning guitar then yes a starter pack will be a waste of money, because it will sound terrible

A good starter amp is a microcube, i highly recommend it. Check out the reviews
If you already have guitar experience, I'd recommend going for something with more quality than the basic beginner pack. Beginner packs usually have dull guitars and lifeless amps that have no range.
I don't know how you can classify The Number 12 Looks Like You as music. It's just annoying noise to me. I love hardcore and grindcore and core-ism's but goddamn they blow hard. As for recommendations; get a cheap ~200 dollar guitar and get a tube amp.
Quote by highlyINF
I don't know how you can classify The Number 12 Looks Like You as music. It's just annoying noise to me. I love hardcore and grindcore and core-ism's but goddamn they blow hard. As for recommendations; get a cheap ~200 dollar guitar and get a tube amp.

+1, you can get some relatively good guitars for about 200 dollars. But whatever you do, do NOT, I repeat do NOT get an epi g-310. Waste of money. I'd suggest an Ibanez.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
how can you hate the number twelve they'r so freaking good, but thanx anyways. SO any brands?