Stripping wires with a pair of scissors isn't the best idea. Well I accidentally cut a few pickup wires too short. Can I just buy some new wires and extend it?
Quote by Steel8909
Stripping wires with a pair of scissors isn't the best idea. Well I accidentally cut a few pickup wires too short. Can I just buy some new wires and extend it?

Paitence is needed to do that with scissors. I do it that way too but I also have strippers when i decide not to misplace them.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
I use a lighter when I misplace my strippers. Though you have to have some pretty good pain tolerance after you ignite the end let it burn a bit, then grab and rip. Perfect striping.
yea, if you just get some 22 or 24 gauge wire, you can solder it to the end of the short wire and extend it no problem. But I would recommend electrical taping the connecting well, you dont want it touching a ground wire or something
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
yea, if you just get some 22 or 24 gauge wire, you can solder it to the end of the short wire and extend it no problem. But I would recommend electrical taping the connecting well, you dont want it touching a ground wire or something

+1. grounded a pickup before.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Quote by KingBollock
Scissors? Had you missplaced your teeth?
I never use my teeth.

... I use Grandma's. She keeps them in a glass on her nightstand.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I never use my teeth.

... I use Grandma's. She keeps them in a glass on her nightstand.

Noice!