So I've decided on giving my girlfriend a promise ring since Im too young to get married. I have a ring picked out and no matter what you guys say, im not changing my mind. But... I dont know what to say to her when I pull out the ring though. I decided to get down on one knee, but I need some opinions on what I should say to her.

Thanks guys
Quote by angusfan16
I opened my eyes and found my mother standing next to me with my sheets in one hand and the other hand over her eyes. She said, "Why are you naked!" and i quickly tried to come up with an answer, but all i could get out was, "Feels good man."
um... what's a promise ring?

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
"This ring cost a fortune. Now suck my genitalia." -Hallmark

That's an actual quote, I swear.
D:
Signature.
I gave my gf a promise ring... she left me a month later

Do it like you would an engagement ring, but say "Will you marry me in [number] years?"
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Going down on one knee looks like a proposal.

Just tell her you got her something and give her it.

+1
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
a marriage ring?

the only people i see with those are tools who think theyll somehow make it through highshcool and college, good luck
what's a promise ring?!?!

srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
yeah, dont get down on one knee..
just give it to her, and say "i love u"
there u go.
(trust me, i gave me girlfriend one too)
Quote by webbtje
I'd give myself buttsecks, because I have a small penis.

www.myspace.com/southeastexit
My Band. Check it out.
its metal/electronica
Say "I'm giving you this so you'll jump me, even though we both know we'll never last long enough to get married because it's a pathetic childhood relationship".

Chicks dig that kind of stuff.
Sounds corny as **** to be fair.

Don't go down on one knee, you'll look like a prick. Seriously. Only older girls appreciate that.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Quote by metdethslaythrx
So I've decided on giving my girlfriend a promise ring since Im too young to get married. I have a ring picked out and no matter what you guys say, im not changing my mind. But... I dont know what to say to her when I pull out the ring though. I decided to get down on one knee, but I need some opinions on what I should say to her.

Thanks guys

please for the love of god don't get down on one knee.
Quote by PlayMadness
I gave my gf a promise ring... she left me a month later

Do it like you would an engagement ring, but say "Will you marry me in [number] years?"

Me too
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
why won't anyone tell me what a promise ring is?

srsly.

Quote by Atomic48
"This ring cost a fortune. Now suck my genitalia." -Hallmark

That's an actual quote, I swear.

"Diamonds.....she'll prettymuch have to"
look, heres the deal mate.

u get it - best situation, ur down however much it costs, shes happy u got it, she stays with you, when the time comes u have to get married neway so u have to buy her a further two rings and u end up further down.

bad situation - u get it, she leaves u after a bit and ur down however much it costs and a girlfriend

u dont get it - best situation, she stays with you, you buy her the two rings when its the right time and live happily ever after

bad situation - well, i dont see one, ur not down any money, she isn't going to leave u unless she already was in which case ur just saving money.

i just dont see the advantage of getting it. i really dont. if you want to do something romantic, and its always nice to do something romantic, spend the money doing something else. take her to a nice resteraunt, take her on holiday (dependant on age obviously) give her a suprise present of some other sort. u can still be romantic, but sorry mate, i think if u give her the ring she might think ur being too full on.

how long have u been going out with her? because most marraige proposals (and thats what this is,) dont come for about 3 or 4 years in the least.

whatever u decide, good luck
throw the ring at her from across the room
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
This isn't the same girl from the "do her or don't do her" thread is it?
Christ, get your money back on that ring and don't be such a fool man!
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
yeah, getting down on one knee isn't a very good idea, it does look too much like a proposal. I believe the best thing to do is really to suprise her. Ask you friends, her friends, or hell, post another forum, but get some good ideas on how to do that. Notice how I said "GOOD" ideas, don't just ask one of your buddies and go with the first thing they say. I say that, but I warn you, my brother gave his girlfriend a promise ring, and they broke up months later (really, seeing them as much as I did, you could have expected it, I mean they were on a screw/hate relationship), but anyway, if you do give her the ring, don't screw it up for you two down the road.
Last edited by the_stickman at Mar 3, 2008,
and another thing, what is peoples problem with waiting. people wanna go into a relationship that if there gonna get married should technically last a lifetime, and decide that a lifetime isn't long enough, they just have to have it sooner. i mean id get it if u cudn't see each other till u were married, but hell fire, what is the rush?
Quote by CobenBlack
it symbolizes that they are too young to get married yet so they give each other rings now to represent that when the time is right they will

THANK you! everyone ignored me lol

srsly.

Quote by AlecMag
THANK you! everyone ignored me lol

Google is your friend you know
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Say "Hey, I have something for you, it's nothing too big..."

And then whip out your penis!

No, seriously, just give it her like a gift and it'll be fine.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
ahh well best of luck on your choice. but a hint of what to say. Here's what I did: I took her out to a really nice dinner ($30 per steak dinner) and then afterwards, I went on telling her how much she meant to me and how I loved her with all of my heart, and that I promised myself to her and only her, and asked if she would promise the same to me.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Say "Hey, I have something for you, it's nothing too big..."

And then whip out your penis!

No, seriously, just give it her like a and it'll be fine.

fixed for procrastination on writing my english essay.
Quote by metdethslaythrx

Thanks guys

you know, where I come from, you are never too young to get married. unless you're younger than 14...
pretty much leave out the getting on a knee thing and you're good.

Quote by CobenBlack
i just dont see the advantage of getting it.

oral.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
You wanna freak her out with a ring?!

kidding..it's cute, kid.

Just put it in a ring box then but it in a shoebox then put that shoe box in a bigger box and so on.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
try something outside the box, like buy a dozen roses then take your girl on a date, then get a friend to take the ring and roses to her house while you have her out with you and your friend can sprinkle rose pedals all over her bed, with the ring in the middle, and leave her a note with it, then when you drop her off at home, let her go inside the house, give her a minute or two to get to her room then go inside and sneak to her doorway, hopefully you can catch her just as shes finishing the note and then say somethingn to her to let her know your there like "i love you" or something and shell tur n around and most likely runn up and kiss/hug you

just please dont do the one knee thing, its corny and cliche!
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400