I need to find the cheapest place to buy some 12ax7 preamp tubes for my peavy windsor. I left it in a car overnight and I am fairly sure I lost some of the preamp tubes, all the power ones seem ok.
You lost the preamp tubes? How did that happen, you have to open it up in order to even take them out.

Musican's Friend has tubes now, they're only like 12 bucks for a good 12AX7
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Er hang on....how do you lose preamp tubes by leaving your amp in a car overnight? There's gotta be a good anecdote in that, somewhere.

But valves are the one thing that shouldn't be bought on price alone. Get the best ones you can afford, otherwise it was a total waste of money buying a decent amp in the first place.
Let me clarify; when I said "lost" I meant that the fairly cold tempurature did somthing to them, since the power tubes seem to be working ok, but the problem could be somewhere else. I was planning on replacing the tubes, and if that doesn't fix the amp (which makes no noise exept for a steady white noise hissing when the volume is maxed out.)
Quote by SVStee
I need to find the cheapest place to buy some 12ax7 preamp tubes for my peavy windsor. I left it in a car overnight and I am fairly sure I lost some of the preamp tubes, all the power ones seem ok.

here
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
^ Oh, the wit. A rare thing these days, keep it up SYK.

SVStee, fair enoguh, though I can't imagine the cold would have a huge effect unless they were cooled quickly from a high temperature- more likely they took a knock getting out the car. Are you certain it's not the power tubes at fault, or even something obvious like the input jack?
Ok, Ifeel like a total idoit. turns out it was the input jack on the cab. By the way SYK, that was preety fricking funny
Quote by kurtlives91
Don't cheap out on tubes, they make a huge difference.

thetubedepot.com
tubesandmore.com
thetubestore.com
hoffmanamps.com

Just wanted to say that the first one is just tubedepot.com.

Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by SVStee
Ok, Ifeel like a total idoit. turns out it was the input jack on the cab. By the way SYK, that was preety fricking funny

Things like these are the first you should check before tearing apart your amp.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?