I got this for christmas and it's a pretty good guitar. Although it can sound pretty funky at times.

Big problem. This thing rips the hell out of strings. I've gone throught about 4 out of the six everytime I replace them. Anyone else experience this if they have it?
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
what do you mean you have gone through 4 out of the 6? Do you not replace all the strings each time you replace them or do 4 string pop simultaneously.
I've changed the strings from age. I've changed 2 at first for breaking with what I bought the guitar with, then I changed all 6 a few weeks later because I could literally feel them getting thin and the tension getting high so it would break. Then with the new set 4 have broken and I changed them in February.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox

Sounds like you need a good set up! When you are tunning are the strings "popping or pinging".....if so the are probably getting binded up in hte nut slots. Most guitars dont come set up well from the manufactures. Most stores you purchase them from will usually do the set up to your liking upon purchase. My first suggestion would be to take it to the store/dealer it came from and see if they can check it out. Or research setups on hte web decide if it is something you would like to do yourself.

I got so tired of paying for setups I started doing my own. Practicing on old crap first of course. It is a handy knowledge to have in your bag....its not real difficult, some things require special tools, but it is a skill most players eventually want to learn. It saves you money for one ....hell thats reason enough
Haha, thanks man. Definately keep that in mind.
Quote by Adam...?

Quote by Jackintehbox

Also, always keep your guitar properly humidified! If you live in a area where climate changes drastically with the season this is essential. I live in Ohio so I have two setups for my guitars....Warm and cold weather setups.... Climate will play a major factor in the playability of your axe. One more reason to learn to setup your guitars.

1. Get a humidifier and a hydrometer. This will allow you to measure and maintain proper humidty levels for your guitar. Never let it get above 48% or below 40%. These numbers will vary depending on who you ask.

2. Get a set of feeler gauges. You can pick these up from any auto parts store fairly cheap.
These will allow you to measure your action (string height) and adjust accordingly.

3. Learn your truss rod! Most people are afraid of this, because it is easy to damage and break your truss rod. And if you dont know it is the bar that runs the length of the neck and adjust at the headstock or inside the soundhole. IT IS NOT used to adjust the action, IT IS used for neck relief. Your neck is not suppose to be perfectly straight. If that were the case the strings would fret out and buzz badly. Adjust in eighth or quarter turn increments. Clockwise to tighten which will straighten or counter clockwise to loosen and add more relief.

Hell Im on my way to a how to book............Just google acoustic guitar setup and you will find any and everything you need. It aint rocket science....Just be careful as most of us are with our babys. Drop me a line if I can help or you have questions with anythiing
Wow. Yeah I live in Illinois and the tuning this has been a bitch since I've played alot of instruments and the changes hurt alot of my gear. Definately didn't know about the humidifier and hydrometer.

Thanks.
Quote by Adam...?

Quote by Jackintehbox

I agree with mickyd, and have a question too. Are the strings always breaking at the same place? That would indicate a burr cutting through the strings, causing premature breakage. If you just changed strings last month, they shouldn't be breaking already, unless you play harder than I do, and I beat the crap out of mine sometimes. Usually sitting at home practicing I'm not as rough on them as I am onstage, but gigging regularly I can keep strings on my acoustic for a month with no problems. Just practicing at home strings will last 2 or 3 months until they start to go dead. The electrics get changed every gig or every other gig, depending on bridge type. I don't think the acoustic has ever broken a string.

You may need to have it checked out by a pro, but it sounds like either you have a burr cutting strings, or the nut slots are too tight, wearing down the strings and causing them to break.

And don't let anyone convince you it's caused by the truss rod...this has absolutely nothing to do with truss rod...
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Nah. It's just random ass strings. But yeah, I'm gonna try to find out what's wrong with it.
Quote by Adam...?

Quote by Jackintehbox