maybe you just don't have sufficient finger strength. i can bend on the 22nd fret with 11's and i couldn't before.
well i can bend mine pretty dam easy. i use 9's but i've played on guitars with higher straing gauge and can't remember any problems
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
yeah if you ever find your self not being able to make it with one finger then use more then one def recommended for the higher frets i think index and middle finger work best
Quote by HeavyDT
yeah if you ever find your self not being able to make it with one finger then use more then one def recommended for the higher frets i think index and middle finger work best

Use all four for that matter! That way you can get quick monstrous bends.
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
It is probably finger strength and possibly technique. I use 11's in standard tuning without issue. The high e string is pretty hard to bend compared to the other strings, but by no means is it impossible.
just practice. i've had a set of 12\13 hybrid (the high E was 13, a B string from a set of 10's) when I was nowhere near a guitar store.. you get used to it

i used 11's now and in standard i can bend up about 4-5 frets on the high E if i need to *shrugs*
Quote by psyks
sorry I have to say that I just tried this and my string snapped =(

is this normal? ?? now i really dont want to try this....
Quote by Acquiescence
is this normal? ?? now i really dont want to try this....

Lmao. It's not normal.
He prolly just didn't change his strings for a long ass time or ever.
Ya noobies need to change ya strings.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.