I am going to get my stepsister's old MIM Strat (which was used for a week, then stood on a guitar stand). After a couple years, I want to buy a guitar with Humbuckers, except not as expensive as a Gibson, and not as heavy as a Gibson. Would a Jackson Dinky be good for things like Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Hendrix, Clapton, and Black Sabbath? I am just asking this to plan ahead for the future.
Have you played before? Strats are good guitars for all those you mentioned except maybe Black Sabbath but with pedals/messing with eq you could probably get a good tone.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
My teacher was playing some jazz on my dinky when I got it... so I'll say yes.
Quote by CroneR
Have you played before? Strats are good guitars for all those you mentioned except maybe Black Sabbath but with pedals/messing with eq you could probably get a good tone.

Yeah, I have a Jay Turser POS stratocopy. And I have a distortion pedal. I actually found a good Sabbath tone out of it.
Of course, it'd sound fine, but there are much better guitars for the job...why a Dinky exactly? Try Hagstrom if you want Gibson quality (though that doesn't mean much these days...) without rip-off Gibson prices. Also try Italia if they're available over there, and maybe Fernandes.
Quote by kyle62
Of course, it'd sound fine, but there are much better guitars for the job...why a Dinky exactly? Try Hagstrom if you want Gibson quality (though that doesn't mean much these days...) without rip-off Gibson prices. Also try Italia if they're available over there, and maybe Fernandes.

Oh, thanks for the advice. My local guitar store has a bunch of Hagstroms. Now where are Hagstroms built?
Quote by Acquiescence
Schecter

+1 C-1 Classic in particular.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by dantheguitarist
Oh, thanks for the advice. My local guitar store has a bunch of Hagstroms. Now where are Hagstroms built?

Vintage ones over in Sweden. The current reissues in China, but they're excellent quality for Chinese-made guitars. Worth looking at, definitely.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
dinkys are fine i even play classical on mine sometimes.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
id say go epiphone. unless you really want versatility. then maybe a higher end strat or something. epiphone is going to give the most "gibson" quality. theres actually a tony iommi sg they make. check it.
Something like an Ibanez A/ARX series guitar would do you nicely I think, they're pretty much based on SGs an Les Pauls.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Shawn Lane used a Charvel dinky type model with dimarzios. Just get something with Duncans in it...but if you want a lot less distortion and such, you might want to go for a different guitar with coils.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.