Page 1 of 2
so there is a battle of the bands at my university and all 5 bands are emo/indie rock. this does not please me. in fact, every local band i've ever seen except for 2 that have since broken up are exactly the same.

enough whining. what's your local music scene like?
It's small.
There is Against 72 and then some small ones that'll never go anywhere.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

we don't have a music scene. no bands aside from our awesome church band. they kick it pink floyd style. (2 singers and guitars)

as far as what people listen to. aside from me and my close friend (whom i showed what true music was) its just pop and hip hop
St. Louis isn't doing too bad. It used to be a lot stronger, though.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I helped organise a battle of the bands at my uni, sponsored by Jack Daniels, and the JD people insisted that it would be for indie bands. We got the bands we wanted anyway, but the organisers are just chasing the money if they're only getting indie bands in.
So many bands who think they are metal just because they scream consume our scene. They are all in love with the whole metalcore thing still. Its frustrating cuz its so repetetive and I'm the only real "metal" guy around. Its sad.

Oh, and theres a dude from my town who is now rythm guitar for The Human Abstract. Thats pretty sweet.
Last edited by Gregray88 at Mar 3, 2008,
There isn't one as far as i know.
no one remotely serious or under the age of 45, anyways.
I live in Washington Heights, Manhattan where the only Musical genres
present are Reggaeton and Hip-Hop/Rap.
The rock "scene" is pretty nonexistent. Its pretty rare to find anyone that likes rock.
Everyone thinks that "rockers" are crazy people who like to break things
and such other stereotypes.
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
The music scene around here is Rap for the most part, with a few metal and emo kids spread about.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
I go to UGA... Athens was voted the #1 college music town... so my music scene is pretty incredible. Large variety, but of course indie-rock tends to dominate the scene.

However, there are quite a few classic rock cover bands. Some hip-hop/ rap people stop by sometimes... Anyways. Probably my favorite thing about Athens is the music scene... oh yeah, and the bars.
Please don't confront me with my failures. I had not forgotten them.
Quote by DiveRightIn63
St. Louis isn't doing too bad. It used to be a lot stronger, though.

WHAT!?!?! It's doing horrible!

Dude, This emo, and death metal stuff isn't doing it for me at all.

It all sounds the same to me.
Mostly either Indie/Emo or br00tal metal. No imagination. There's the occasional listenable band like Baby Bitch, but the singer annoys me when he talks.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
Quote by rednightmare
Mostly either Indie/Emo or br00tal metal. No imagination. There's the occasional listenable band like Baby Bitch, but the singer annoys me when he talks.

hey another person from Preston!

yeah the scene isn't great around here

PS. who was the guy who made a thread thinking breaking benjimen was a local scene band
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Pretty awesome death metal scene. Not sure about the rock/hard rock/ or country scene, though.
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
I don't have much of a local music scene, but their are some bands here and there, like Be the Fear and Commercial Quality. Once, about thirty of them gathered at a skate park and played for 2 days.

I wanted to go, but my bro's (Man Do Lin) ex always hangs out there, so I didn't want to risk confrontation with a 300 lb 17 year old who will PMS every five seconds.
Quote by synpet713192
Blasphemy. The drummer is to be ignored, and the singer is to be leered at. How can you do both to one person simultaneously?
the music scene in hampton rhodes Va is tight lots of acts playing every night lots of defferent genres not just on weekends plau open mic nights all through the week you never no who you are gonna see the drummer for judas preist lives out here and i see him once every two months or so playing with my buddies band it is tight i always buy him a shot of jack daniels.
Quote by that1l)ude
There isn't one as far as i know.
no one remotely serious or under the age of 45, anyways.

dude there's plenty around here, if your into Metal/Metalcore.
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
We've got everything here in Pittsburgh. We've got your fair share of emo bands, we have lots of metal and nu-metal influenced bands, we've got modern alternative rock (think Breaking Benjamin) influenced bands, classic rock, acoustic, one of my friends is starting a jazz band and we've got a pretty cool Tool influences progressive metal band floating around, but I dont remember their name. The local music scene here is great, but no good bands ever come here on tour anymore.
Quote by __Ronnie__
We've got everything here in Pittsburgh. We've got your fair share of emo bands, we have lots of metal and nu-metal influenced bands, we've got modern alternative rock (think Breaking Benjamin) influenced bands, classic rock, acoustic, one of my friends is starting a jazz band and we've got a pretty cool Tool influences progressive metal band floating around, but I dont remember their name. The local music scene here is great, but no good bands ever come here on tour anymore.

I think I'm going to see Rush in Pittsburgh sometime this summer
All we have around here is heavy metal scream bands and of course emo. And none of them are really that good.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
I live in a pretty populous area, so there's a lot of bands, some better than others. Most of them suck, but there are a few good ones:

THINK - alternative/indie
Sonic Bloom - instrumental rock (kind of Radiohead without vocals, and more intense bass/drums)
Welcome to Boone - Ska
Val Nebbia - Folk
Chazter - Indie/Folk/Alternative
The medium is the message!
rap/hip-hop ruins my town's scene we may have like 10 people who listen to rock. thats it.
When all else fails, ask the pit.
dude indie emo rock is tons better than what's around where I live. christian metalcore. that is the most god awful (no pun intended) bastard mutation of a musical genre ever.

gotta hate those flavor of the month genres.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Boston hardcore, man. Converge, Death Before Dishonor, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Diecast, The FU's, Blood For Blood...all came from my backyard.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Last edited by Gunpowder at Mar 3, 2008,
I hear a lot of complaining, but not a lot of "I'm going to start trying to do something about it"

I'm starting a collective to put on all ages punk shows here. I know a few people who have also been talking about doing the same thing. Hopefully pretty soon we'll have shows all the time like we did a few years ago.
Quote by sargasm
I hear a lot of complaining, but not a lot of "I'm going to start trying to do something about it"

This is true.
My local scene is okay, I live near Los Angeles, so it's better than most.
There's this band I'm friends with, and my band may ask to open for them once we find a new lead guitarist.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
for a small michigan town we have quite the rock scene. we have one band that dresses as clowns on the virge of being famous. and then 5 other bands with cd's and gigs at bars all over. then the local music store lets their best students play on stage at all the festivals. (ya i did that). pretty good. there is also several 80's covers that are in high school and then a death metal band.
Quote by devin_g94
for a small michigan town we have quite the rock scene. we have one band that dresses as clowns on the virge of being famous.

Juggalos 4 lyfe.
All the local bands here are terrible metalcore/extreme metal bands, with the exception of one (A Sight For Sewn Eyes). I'm not saying that metal is bad, but the bands here blow. I haven't actually seen a real rock band here before...
Mines good except alot of tools like this Christian Death Metal Band. And they are allright but not the best by any means, but they keep making battle of the bands, but they always win them, and only other way metal bands are the only ones that have a shot. So me and my stupid Jam Band just pay $50 to never win and always have to go first. And its not just cus we suck, all these way cool funk bands and stuff dont win either. ONLY METAL!
Screamo overpopultes the music scene here in AZ
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Page 1 of 2