http://youtube.com/watch?v=BVInDVCPZuw

We got 1st. I look insanely bored, but it was a talent show, playing one song it was kinda hard to get pumped. Also all tense trying to to screw up and then you do anyway because you're trying too hard.. ah well. we won. ;\.

Lol @ title my bad
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Last edited by tr3nt at Mar 3, 2008,
Yeah, can't stand the band, but a good cover, none-the-less.

I didn't think there was singing on the intro?
But I don't listen to them, so sure. =]

EDIT: just noticed you said beginning was missing on youtube. >.<
the singer sounds bored on the chorus

but yeah good cover, for a fall out boy song
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Last edited by red star at Mar 3, 2008,
if you guys won by playing fall out boy, what did the other people do? god.

i have to say your singer sounded better then fall out boys.
Quote by tr00 punx 666

+1

but i must say ur singer did this weird thing where he would hit all the high notes almost perfectly then drop to a lower voice that sounded almost like he was talking. That could be cool if he worked on it.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I keep a plunger in my bathroom...my insperation usually clogs the toilet.
Yeah, the vocals were Good during the verses, but the chorus' were kinda weak..
thats the only bad part.
Thanks for responses.

There was 18 acts in total (Not all musical). And sometimes he says he likes to take it "down the octave" to save his voice or something, hes really anal about that stuff and he won't listen.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

your singer's REALLY bothering me switching by switching between the two octaves.

just play it in a different key?

:edit: looks like you addressed this right before i posted.

there are better FoB songs to be covered, but yours was still pretty solid.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
I totally dug the vocals. Your singer reminds me of me, he's got the same range. I figured he dropped some of the highest parts because he can't hit them, no?
Quote by alaub1491
good cover. for once.

Thanks we're working on improving (1 year strong ! :O). I guess you watched other vids :P.

Edit; the singer dropped the octaves because hes stubborn and won't work on it and claims he'll ruin his vocal chords all the time. lol.

Quote by loganrocksabass
we won the schools battle of the bands by playing two original songs..

Nice, we don't have any originals done yet. And unless your song is really rockin' and catchy I don't think we'd do an orig for a contest.

Quote by tr3nt
Nice, we don't have any originals done yet. And unless your song is really rockin' and catchy I don't think we'd do an orig for a contest.

actually, the first song we played was pretty catchy. most of the people at the battle of the bands thing were singing the lyrics back at us, that helped

the second song we wrote about one of our friends that died about a half a year ago. her house caught on fire and her little brother was the only one to get out.
i play an 8 string
Dang ^ .. I'm glad you won then..

Quote by tr3nt

what about your singers original you showed me? :P:
Quote by garrett5
what about your singers original you showed me? :P:

NOooooooo.. The HORRORRRR.....

Good cover, but the octave jumping ruined for it for me. The lower octave just sounds weak and emotionless. The chorus was kind of a letdown, the vocals go from being big and powerful to really weak.

He can hit the high notes. He does some parts of the chorus in the upper octave. I seriously doubt he will damage his vocal cords. Just don't strain it - have him practice the upper octave some, and stop if it hurts. He just needs to build his range. And taking it down a key would help too.

It was a good cover though, nice job guys. Congratulations on winning.
Thanks! ^, and yeah, we always tell him.. Hes just idk sometimes so.

yeah i used to have a singer like that actually. always talked about saving his voice. thing is, if you sing right, then your voice should be fine.
Quote by StageLife30
yeah i used to have a singer like that actually. always talked about saving his voice. thing is, if you sing right, then your voice should be fine.

That and if you're always saving your voice, then what's the point in having it?
I like Fall out boy . Well, that album at least.
I think It was well performed, I like the singer's voice.
two and a half men.
I like FOB too :S, they aren't as bad as everyone bashes them to be.

that was actually really good, guitar seemed pretty perfect to me. the singing was great until he started bringing his voice down. other than that it was great. do you think you could take a look at my beauty in the breakdown cover?http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803942
Quote by Heid
More realistically....I once tried to give myself head....I gave myself a sore neck and a loss of pride...
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
i looked at it, posted on your thread

i'm sorry, but give a beer to your drummer for me. The way he got the crowd going actually made this cover awesome

Your singer was ok. The octave thing's already been explained. Brilliant playing.

Still, your drummer, just the way he stood up, got the crowd going, that's the way it's done.
Oh man...it doesn't look cool when theres only one guy jumping around on stage...scratch that it NEVER looks cool lol
Hmmm i like Fallout Boy and this was pretty sweet, voice was off as everyone before me has said, very nice though!
Quote by Flying Couch
What do you think lesbians do in bed? Play cards? They have ways of sexytime just like everybody else.

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Why would you NOT scour the news for stories about incestual anal piping?
Stage presence was awful...

work on your vocals, you shouldnt cover higher songs like that if you cant sing it that high/well that high

Person who did a good job was the drummer. He was into it and did a solid job
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
sounds OK.....
Guitar Gear: (Best To Crappiest)
1) Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus (Must Have)
2) Line 6 Flextone III XL (Go With The Triple Rectifier Setting)
4)Schecter Gryphon (Coil Tapper)
3)Fender Lite Ash Tele (Sweet Finish)
4Zoom Fire-18 Amp
Quote by tr00 punx 666

i agree except for the chorus, he goes all monotone but the first verse was pretty sweet.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
good cover, i woulda liked to see a little more emphasis or emotion in the singing, but i cant even talk when i play so i dont think i can count it against you