I'm looking to upgrade from a B.C. Rich Warlock and a Roland Cube 15 (my first guitar and amp). My budget is around $1,000 total (U.S.A).

I'm looking for something along the lines of older Metallica and Slayer, that would be good for Children of Bodom, Soilwork, Black Dhalia, and Killswitch Engage and that would also be good for stuff like Bullet for My Valentine and Atreyu.

As far as the guitar goes, I don't really need a tremolo and something with not a very thick neck.

And for the amp, I only really play for myself and some friends so nothing extremely loud is needed, I also live in an apartment building so, it's not really ever gonna get very loud.

I will try things out, just want to narrow down my search a little.
gibson sg + 100 watt marshall , actually you might scrape an sg for that, if you're lucky
Amp: Anything in the G3 series by Randall
Guitar: Anything from Jackson's JS series line of guitars.
An LTD series ESp would fit the bill nicely I'm sure.... I can;t stand schecters myself.

The amp....yeah Cube 60...or a Marshall AVT?
This is a lie...no reason why...right from the outset
if you want to play slayer and COB you need a trem so a Jackson or a ESP would suit you well as for the amp a Vox AD30VT-XL would do.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Quote by False_God
Schecter C-1 and maybe a roland Cube 60.

That's not really taking full advanatage of my budget and I'm leaning away from the Roland
Quote by COBHC_Slayer
if you want to play slayer and COB you need a trem so a Jackson or a ESP would suit you well as for the amp a Vox AD30VT-XL would do.

Pretty nice that your name has both of those bands in it. Ok so a tremolo probably would be good to have. Any specific models you'd reccomend?
Take a look at a Schecter hellraiser for a guitar. Don't know alot about amps, I kinda like the valveking series, but it may not have the right tone for you, although I'm sure you could get something close.
don't schecter have fairly beefy necks?
anyway for that budget, look to cube and randall amps, i know you're sick of the one you have, but the 60 is a good amp, and tbh, I wish i started with a cube 15. as for guitar, jackson and ibanez both have very sleek necks, may I suggest an Ibanez S series? i beleive they make them with 24 frets now too.
Ok lets narrow it down a bit more. I don't really like the few Shecters I've played, not totally dimissing them, but let's say for now they're out of the question. Is there any decently cheap low wattage tube amp. I'd much prefer one to a high watt ss. And the Vox seems like the best suggestion so far.
Quote by Gigatiran
Pretty nice that your name has both of those bands in it. Ok so a tremolo probably would be good to have. Any specific models you'd reccomend?

if you had more money the Jackson SL2H soloist and the ESP Alexi Laiho. but the Jackson WRMG, ESP MH400, ESP JH-200(Jeff hanneman Guitar), B.C. Rich Kerry king Sig v, and ESP LTD AL200 (Alexi's guitar).
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
More money isn't really the issue but I would like to stick to my budget.
that vox isn't a tube amp, its hybrid, and for that budget a guitar and a tube amp are going to be tight, i'd say concentrate on the amp though.

I've been searching for a low-ish wattage tube amp for metal myself, so if there are any suggestions, i'm very interested as well as the threadstarter
well if your Warlock has a floyd rose throw a set of EMG KFK pickups in it (85/81+PA2) then you should have 700 left over and go find a used Marshall DSL401

Other then that it`s gonna be tough trying to stick to a $1000 limit, if you need both a guitar AND an amp.... but if your Warlock is a NJ or a Platium pro a set of EMG`s will wake that beast up massivly. but if it`s a bronze i wouldn`t waste the time on it
It's a bronze and it's a piece of **** so I'm not gonna upgrade it.
amp: crate blackheart stack
but also get a metal muff with it. They sound great together. Reminds me of the marshal I use at the studio. But this one sounds good at low volumes

Guitar:I say ibanez rgt42dx, or jackson dinky.