you really cant spot a difference?

... different shape... diff tone... diff control position... diff high fret access.. etc etc

edit: to the guy below... its not so much that its neck heavy... has more to do with the position of the strap... most guitars that have the strap at the base of the neck tend to dive
Last edited by just17n8 at Mar 3, 2008,
seriously? god.... get off the forums please we dont need you
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
different body shape, LP is thicker, heavier, SG more curved, slimmer, lighter, has the pointy horns, you're not good at this game are you?
les paul has a thicker neck, heavier, but always seems to have a slightly slicker action than any sg ive played

sg has thinner neck, lighter (beware neck dive), a deeper tone, double cutaway (perfect access to all 22 frets)

play both and decide which you like.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
i mean like tonal differences and weight and which one is better for rock
Quote by impeachpedro10
les paul has a thicker neck, heavier, but always seems to have a slightly slicker action than any sg ive played

sg has thinner neck, lighter (beware neck dive), a deeper tone, double cutaway (perfect access to all 22 frets)

play both and decide which you like.

+1

But theres some Epi SG's with no neck dive.
SG's are great guitars for power chords, and LP's are great guitars if you want to play more than power chords.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
Quote by LP51122
they are both good for rock but the LP is more versatile

SG is just as versatile, it's actually better IMO, it's lighter, better neck access, and just as warm sounding, I disslike SG necks though. People just play LP's more cause "lawlzz itz t3h lez paul with t3h m4rsha11 st4ck!"
LP has a full tone
while SG is deep tone
also SG have thiner hecks but they have that anoying neck dive

you should try this guitar also
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fender-Vintage-Modified-Stratocaster-HSS-Electric-Guitar-512573-i1172566.gc
or save some more money and try this
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-G-400-Electric-Guitar-104319645-i1371713.gc
or fora really nice guitar try this one
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top-Electric-Guitar-103812863-i1149387.gc
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Last edited by litus at Mar 3, 2008,
thats like asking the difference between corn and spinach
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103
thats like asking the difference between corn and spinach
thats great dude
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Because I don't rock like Jack.
Quote by Infamou$17
SG's are great guitars for power chords, and LP's are great guitars if you want to play more than power chords.

that makes...absolutely...no...sense...if anything, i'd say that the sg is better for solo'ing because of the great upper fret access, has abosolutely nothing to do with chord playing ...i own a epi sg g-400, and i love it. basically same thing...i'd suggest one
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by misterheeman
what do you guys mean buy neck dive?

when youre playing standing up... if you let go of your neck it will dive (down).. not staying horizontaly like most guitar do...

it takes a while to get used to
sg's have better fret access and a chunkier type of sound. les pauls are warmer. also sg's are really double cutaway les pauls made out of different woods and a better neck