What would be the change to the Major scale if I played it in drop D? or any scale for that matter. I don't know why, but I can't seem to figure out an easy way to play scales in drop D or any drop tuning that is similiar to D A D G B E.

help, link, or diagram appreciated.

Really sorry if this is the wrong forum, or has been asked more than enough times to count... I couldn't find this answer, not even in lessons. I've been looking for an hour
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Scales are notes; just play the notes. When it comes to box patterns, you just move the notes on the low D string up a step.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Another dumb question... In D I move it down a whole step, right?
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Quote by metalisbest
No. You play your scale patterns normally on the A, D, G, B, and high E strings, but move everything on the Low E string up two frets.
Quote by metalisbest

ARe you asking when you play in the key of D, or when you drop the string to D?
If you are in drop d, then the notes for both the 4th and 6th strings are the same. Thats how I remember it at least.
You play your scale patterns normally on the A, D, G, B, and high E strings, but move everything on the Low E string up two frets.

Precisely.