Page 1 of 3
Man you're right, I don't even really like Eruption but that was garbage. Lets hope he gets himself together soon; I'm not a particular Van Halen fan but to see any musician in such a state is a sad thing indeed.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Damn, it appears a washed up EVH is still much better than me

Definitely not the same though, bit of a shame but can't say I was ever his biggest fan in the first place.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
For everyone of those vids, I've heard lots of good experiences. Plus the guy has health problems too. Give him a break. Sure his solo has sucked this tour, but everything else has been great for the most part, plus apparently his sound techs have sucked. So what if he is washed up? He has given us everything he can. Anything else now is a bonus imo. He has influenced an era and left what he needs to influence another.
And for those bitching over it being drug abuse, talk I hear is he broke his finger or there is something major wrong with him, so give the poor guy a break.
Quote by CJRocker
And for those bitching over it being drug abuse, talk I hear is he broke his finger or there is something major wrong with him, so give the poor guy a break.

yeah, just give the guy a break. :stickpoke
Aww that sucks, i mean hes eddie van halen.

He really should sharpen up before he goes on tour
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
At least I caught the show while he was on good form. In Toronto, he was on fire for the most part.
Dude he kicked ass in Dallas... Eddie isnt as good as the Eruption fanboys say but hes not as bad as you all make him out to be.

By the way: Spanish Fly>>>Eruption
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Eddie van halen is far from washed up he has reinvented the way people play guitar and without him we may not have any of the music we have heard in the past 20 years or more just because he plays diffrent solo's doesn't mean he's washed up, he wants to play variety you think 20 years of playing eruption 4-5 nights a week maybe 2 twice, 3 times a day would get a little boring and he may want a change and not to mention the solo's in his other songs he's one the best guitarists in the world that gives him the right to sound anyway he wants when he wants it regardless of what anyone thinks.
Quote by Andrewbiles
Damn, it appears a washed up EVH is still much better than me

And me
Quote by Mental-lica
By the way: Spanish Fly>>>Eruption

+1!
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by whatafung
Eddie van halen is far from washed up he has reinvented the way people play guitar and without him we may not have any of the music we have heard in the past 20 years or more just because he plays diffrent solo's doesn't mean he's washed up, he wants to play variety you think 20 years of playing eruption 4-5 nights a week maybe 2 twice, 3 times a day would get a little boring and he may want a change and not to mention the solo's in his other songs he's one the best guitarists in the world that gives him the right to sound anyway he wants when he wants it regardless of what anyone thinks.

Can't you see how sloppy it is...
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Quote by whatafung

I smell a fanboy...

Seriously, it was sloppy and the bends were all out of tune; it sounded like ass.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by whatafung

Wowzers! I count zero full stops in that entire paragraph/sentence/whine.

Didn't even know that was possible, actually... Almost as incoherent as Eddie's playing up there.
Quote by DaFjory
Wowzers! I count zero full stops in that entire paragraph/sentence/whine.

Didn't even know that was possible, actually... Almost as incoherent as Eddie's playing up there.

there's one at the very end.

I clicked the video the other day and had to click off after about 10 seconds. my ears thanked me afterwards.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
First of all what type of music are you guys into ? and second of all as bad as you think he saounds he could play circles around you for hours and his worst is probably 10x better than your best.
Quote by whatafung
First of all what type of music are you guys into ? and second of all as bad as you think he saounds he could play circles around you for hours and his worst is probably 10x better than your best.

...this is the shred forum. There are people in here who can play songs that make EVH look slow and simple.

EVH is above average, at best, when it comes to playing technique.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I really dont like EVH as a guitar player.

...but that was really sad.

I hope that was just a really bad night for him...
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Quote by whatafung

While it is true the EVH was a very original player in his time his technique is far from anything special any more, in terms of technique I could play rings round Van Halen.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by broken fusion!
sounds like he's been taking lessons from Nigel from Spinal Tap

Poor EVH, he sounds like some 13-year-old trying to show off at guitar center. Hope he err... gets his skills back.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
While it is true the EVH was a very original player in his time his technique is far from anything special any more, in terms of technique I could play rings round Van Halen.

You sir are an arrogant ass. Let's see you go popularize some new technique. Lets see YOU set the world on fire like EVH did. And to say it is not anything special is also a joke; to learn anything Vai does, you're going to need to be damn good at what EVH does, as they are both very similar players; just listen to Vai's DLR era stuff.
Quote by CJRocker
You sir are an arrogant ass. Let's see you go popularize some new technique. Lets see YOU set the world on fire like EVH did. And to say it is not anything special is also a joke; to learn anything Vai does, you're going to need to be damn good at what EVH does, as they are both very similar players; just listen to Vai's DLR era stuff.

He obviously can't criticise him because he hasn't done what he has

sorry but Vai wipes the floor with EVH in terms of technique. And his DLR stuff will be similar to VH stuff because that's what he was told to write.

and his claim about being technically better isn't as far fetched as you make it seem. EVH wasn't particularly accurate to begin with. And there are players today that make him look slow.

Quote by element4433
damn..... I saw them in Atlanta at the beginning of February and he freakin Killed it all night long.......easily one of the best shows I've seen in years. He must have gone downhill fast...... I was going to the return show here in Georgia on 2-25. but it was one of the Postponed dates. I see why now. He had to have been drunk..... I can't play worth squat after I hit my limit either.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
Quote by CJRocker

I'm sorry did I say I was influencial? Did I say I was even famous? At what point did I say I was anything other than technically better than EVH? I have enormous respect for the man but I can play faster and more accurately than him.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by GoDrex
I hope you're joking.

why would he be?

EVH's nothing special.

Quote by element4433
Quote by GoDrex
I hope you're joking.

Why?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by GoDrex
Because if you're not joking it means that you're seriously delusional and should seek some sort of help from a mental health professional.

There are tons of people who can outplay him.

And there are people on this forum that can play songs that make his stuff look simple and slow.

EVH's technique isn't anything special. In fact, he was quite sloppy.

Quote by element4433
Page 1 of 3