So I have heard a lot of good things about this amp and it seems like the best Randall in this price range. My only concern is that it won't be enough for shows and practice. I've never used tube before so I don't know how loud 50W would be plus it has 1x12 speaker which would give me less low end (which I am assuming). The option to get a cab and have a 3/4 stack is possible but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Oh ya before I forget I play a lot of variations of metal and with an Ibanez RG.
More than loud enough for just about any show, trust me.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
ok thanx. But just in case I decide to make it a 3/4 stack (my friend has an spare cab) is there anything I should know. I've never hooked up a combo to a cab before.
sorry to kinda-sorta steal the thread, but can this amp get a decent-ish classic rock tone? or should i just go for a classic 30?
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by ltmusicman
ok thanx. But just in case I decide to make it a 3/4 stack (my friend has an spare cab) is there anything I should know. I've never hooked up a combo to a cab before.

You would just use the line out and plug the cab into the line out with speaker cable. NOT instrument cable.

Quote by guitar_infidel
sorry to kinda-sorta steal the thread, but can this amp get a decent-ish classic rock tone? or should i just go for a classic 30?

Classic 30 would do it much better, but if you need something really versatile and able to do metal, a used Meas F-30 or B-52 AT-112 would be better for sheer versatility. But for classic rock only, classic 30 all the way.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
You would just use the line out and plug the cab into the line out with speaker cable. NOT instrument cable.

Classic 30 would do it much better, but if you need something really versatile and able to do metal, a used Meas F-30 or B-52 AT-112 would be better for sheer versatility. But for classic rock only, classic 30 all the way.

ok thanks, perfect answer too, cause i was also wondering about the mesa and the AT-112.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
How do you think it would compare with out other guitarist's 100W SS half-stack?
Quote by ltmusicman
How do you think it would compare with out other guitarist's 100W SS half-stack?

50W tube is roughly as loud as a 125 Watt SS.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
ok. Just to check a 50W combo will power a 200W cab right? Just not at the cabs full potential? Sorry I'm asking so many questions it's just my friends think I am an idiot for doing this and not getting a half-stack
Quote by ltmusicman
ok. Just to check a 50W combo will power a 200W cab right? Just not at the cabs full potential? Sorry I'm asking so many questions it's just my friends think I am an idiot for doing this and not getting a half-stack

I believe even a 5 watt Valve Junior head would power the cab. That's just how many watts the cab can handle before it goes kaboom.

Do me a favour and turn it up with your friends head next to the amp, will you?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
Do me a favour and turn it up with your friends head next to the amp, will you?

Lol will do