a line out just means you can hook it up to other amps for more sound bassically, but don't get a RP50 go for the RP150 or RP200, I have the 150 and its pretty good. To set up pedals you go output from guitar to pedal to amp input. Unless there is an effects loop
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
emulated like out means you can use that hole to put a cable in and record, or jam along with an mp3 player.

if you want to hook up a line 6 or any pedal. put a cable in the input of the amp, then the end of that cable to the pedal, then get another cable, plug it in the input i belive of the pedal, and connect that to the guitar.

and...I suggest getting a different amp. mg's = crud at high volumes
I would look at getting a new amp - unless its just for practice .

Anyways, I think that's for recording or somethin'. Just go straight into the input on your amp - that's what I would would do.
Quote by Drewski09
a line out just means you can hook it up to other amps for more sound bassically, but don't get a RP50 go for the RP150 or RP200, I have the 150 and its pretty good. To set up pedals you go output from guitar to pedal to amp input. Unless there is an effects loop

Hey, I have the RP50, it's actually pretty good - especially for the price $$$.
The RP50 is definitely a decent processor, there's no need to waste the extra $$ on the high end models (essentially the same, but w/ even more options).
im just using it for practice, saving for a half stack sooner or later.

alright, so what im getting from all this is
that to use an rp50 or something of that sort
i baseically have to hook my guitar to it and it to the amp?
so 2 cables?