title says it all...i suck at harmonics. and by tips i mean like technique tips...not just 'practice' cuz i know that one.
If you can kind of do them then all you need is practice. That's all there is to it. The only thing about technique that anyone can tell you is hit the string with the side of your thumb after picking, which you already probably know.
um, try it with high gain. then once you start getting consistant results lower the gain, until basically clean if you want, then you shold be fine with them.
Well here's my attempt at an analogy...

Pinch harmonics are like skating. You suck and keep falling on your ass at first. But after a little bit of practice you get to the point where it's no problem at all.
Try it with the lower strings and try bending them a little why you do it. Kinda like Wylde sounds.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Also, adding on to everybody else, make sure to use the bridge pickup.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by ketiov
Well here's my attempt at an analogy...

Pinch harmonics are like skating. You suck and keep falling on your ass at first. But after a little bit of practice you get to the point where it's no problem at all.

It's like learning to ride a bike, once you know it, you never forget.
it is possible to make a pinch harmonic at the neck pickup, if you want to get it easily, use high gain pedal
Concentrate on brushing your thumb after you hit it. I used to twist my hand in one motion, plucking the string and then brushing it.

It takes a lot of practise. I just kept trying it for about an hour and I started to get the hang of it.
You'll natrually develop a way of holding the pick where you can pick normally and do pinch harmonics easily without having to shift your pick position.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I am having problems doing a pinch harmonic when I do an upwards pick, on the 4th, 5th and 6th string... any tips?
Check my profile for seeing my avatar a little bit bigger... u won't regret... it is no waste of seconds... ten seconds of your life... 30 heart punches of 1 000 000 000.
That's the spirit!!
Personally, I would never try a pinched harmonic on an upstroke. I'm sure it can be done but the amount of hassle would mean it's really not worth it. You would have to use your index finger to touch the string after picking it.
You can start by changing your pick position so you can feel what it's like to hit one or you can slow down your attack and try different attack styles until you hit one....Once you hit the first two or three it's really easy....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
very hard to do on an upstroke. not sure if I even can - i'll have to try it.

certain spots on the string work better than others, so move your hand around a try different areas. play harmonics up there like you would on the fretboard to get an idea where the sweet spots are. Also try to hold the pick with very little of it sticking out from your thumb.
Keep on practicing eventually you'll get it (took me a long time to learn). The one word of advice I'd give is to have very little of your pick hit the actual string when you play it, and have your thumb immediately hit the string right after, so they both almost hit at the same time and it's one fluid motion.
Quote by Burning Raths
I am having problems doing a pinch harmonic when I do an upwards pick, on the 4th, 5th and 6th string... any tips?

Same technique as doing on a downstroke, only you're using the the tip if your index finger as opposed to your thumb.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
watch a few videos on youtube, it helps. I've only been playing for 3 months and I can pull them off every time - it took me all of 1 week to figure out how to do it.

I think everyone does it slightly different but the trick for me is 1) have a very small area of the pick sticking out, so my thumb is always gonna brush the string, and 2) rotate your hand so the pick is almost vertical (thumb pointing to the floor), and then pick down and to the side a bit.
This might work for you because it works well for me. Turn the pick 90 degrees counter clockwise(point goes inward toward wrist) and it is really easy to pinch because there is less drag on the strings. The negative is your sound will be slightly muddy but it's worth the tradeoff with heavy distortion. Always bend the squealies and use as many fingers to bend as possible on the heavier strings. When bending, Keep your fingers TOGETHER!