ive got an ibanez with a ****ty edge 3 and have recently come across the tremol-no on allparts.com, ive watched a few vids on youtube and im wondering if i should get one and keep it locked so the trem doesnt move.

would this solve my tuning problem?
You could just tighten the screws that hld the springs right up in the back of the guitar.

It's cheaper. And works just as well.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Quote by Carl6661
You could just tighten the screws that hld the springs right up in the back of the guitar.

It's cheaper. And works just as well.

also you may have to add a spring to do that depending on how heavy your strings are
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
ive tried that and it still goes out of tune.

i never use the trem either
then put a block of wood in the cavity between the tail of the trem and guitar body. instant hard tail
Quote by tom708
if i use wood will the trem only go up and not down?

The idea is that you wedge a piece on both sides of the block, completely blocking it.
Quote by plucky duck
sorry, i misunderstood you

haha ok, when i bought that guitar i was gonna use it but when ever i touched it went outta tune. its been in its case since last august or september.
Quote by tom708
if i use wood will the trem only go up and not down?

ya

Block it, screw the screws in the back as far as they`ll go and you`ll still be able to do dive bombs but you`ll be able to tune your guitar in any tuning you want without having to ajust the tention of the springs in the back

but i don`t know why people buy floating bridges then block them

i`ve bought 2 used guitars with floyds a fender and a BC Rich and both were blocked, both are now UNblocked
which would work better? the tremol-no or wood?
Last edited by tom708 at Mar 3, 2008,