Tryin to decide between this bass andthis amp OR this starter pack. Like I said, im lookin for somethnig to learn on that will last a while. I dont really know what to look for in a bass and dont have much of a budget, so if oyu can reccomend something else around $200 would be great.
theres nothing wrong with the squier pbass rumble pack thing, i cant remember how much it is off the top of my head
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
go ibanez pack
or save for GSR200 and a nice amp
BTW if you only want to learn why dont you buy just the bass and after sometime the amp
i did that(like a whole year with no amp) but it helped me alot
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
id buy the two things seperate probly a better deal
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
I thought i might get a better sound if i gots the better amp wit it but idk the quality of Rouge(I assume not so great)
Thanks guys I really appreciate the quick and helpful responses

EDIT: what does everyone think about litus' idea? I have a Boss Micro BR that i could use wit some headphones
Last edited by PoultryKing at Mar 3, 2008,
I had the Squire starter pack ( 299 USD ). I really appreciated the adjustable neck. With proper setup, the P-bass played really well. I like the idea of having an amp but thats just me. Head phones would work too if you are not going to play with anyone or along with audio played throgh speakers. See: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Stop-Dreaming-Start-Playing-Affinity-Jazz-Bass-Pack-With-Fender-Rumble-15-Amp?sku=513295

The Bass FAQ has good info on starter basses (didn't see info in there on packs tho).

Good luck
Austin, Texas ya'll

Fender Jazz 60's Classic
Ashdown Amp gear

Assorted other Martin/Fender/Taylor/blah blah blah
Quote by PoultryKing
Thanks guys I really appreciate the quick and helpful responses

EDIT: what does everyone think about litus' idea? I have a Boss Micro BR that i could use wit some headphones

i think litus is dead on. the GSR200 is way better than the starter, and the starter amps just suck. i would get the bass, and start saving and looking, for a decent used amp. i also think the GSR200 is better than the Affinity.
I'd definitely say go for the GSR200 too; I have one and it's not bad for a cheap-o bass. Then you should use your micro amp headphone thing until you can afford a nicer bass amp, as most small bass practice amps are quiet and sound just terrible. I usually run headphones through mine anyway.
Just remember...

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Go look in the FAQ, that's why it is there
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!