What are the differences between a Spider II and Spider III?

Are there any differences feature wise between a Spider III 15 watt and Spider III 30 watt?

Thanks for the replys
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Your hilarious .

Im sorry am I missing something?

Edit- Yeah I know Spiders aren't the best amps out there, but given my current budget and the fact that I will be attending college in the fall, Im just looking for something small with some decent features.
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Last edited by The McManus at Mar 3, 2008,
Your missing the fact that Dimetime jumps to conclusions before a thread is even begun to get started...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by The McManus
Im sorry am I missing something?

Edit- Yeah I know Spiders aren't the best amps out there, but given my current budget and the fact that I will be attending college in the fall, Im just looking for something small with some decent features.

Ok, well the easy answer is wattage. 15 or 30, what do you need?
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Ok, well the easy answer is wattage. 15 or 30, what do you need?

So there is no difference feature wise?

(features being onboard effects, amp models, distortion, etc?)
-Mohandas Gandhi
the Spider III has more amp models i think

2 cleans 2 crunch 2 Metal 2 Insane

Honestly though.... for a small pratice amp... i`d look into the Marshall MG30DFX my nephews got one, i like it, it`s alright

BUT.... they do have little 5 watt tube amps that people around here rave about i think the black heart little giant is only like $300 or somethin and it`s a 5 watt 1/2 stack LOL... pretty cool, a practice amp with balls LOL
they all got 2 cleans 2 crunch and 2 metal and 2 insane..... they are fine for practice amps in that wattage and much better than the marshall mg. And he'll probably be more satisfied with it than a 5 watt tube amp. I know I would. Just because its tube doesnt mean its better. Especially if he's into gain and he probably is.
^^^ they don`t all have 2 of everything... i got a spider II and it only has one of each amp model

and i only said the MG because i`ve played one and it was alright for alittle amp

and ya you gotta watch out with those lil 5 wat tube amps alot of them don`t have a gain knob, but i`m pretty sure the Black heart does and it has a 1 X 12 cab, i`ve never played one, but i`m thinking if i ever wanted a 5 watt tube it`d be the 1st one i`d look at.
just because its the badwagon thing to say? I think for that wattage and a practice amp the spider is one of the better deals. It's when you have to crank them that they can sound like ****. I think for practice amps they are solid.
No diffrence between 30's in the II and III or 15's for that matter. when You hit 75 diffrences are very noticable.
Quote by stangconv
Check out the Cube series. SHoudl be within your budget and sounds way better

+1
Get a roland cube, it will be perfect for your playing environment.
Quote by Slayerdeath
^^^ they don`t all have 2 of everything... i got a spider II and it only has one of each amp model

and i only said the MG because i`ve played one and it was alright for alittle amp

and ya you gotta watch out with those lil 5 wat tube amps alot of them don`t have a gain knob, but i`m pretty sure the Black heart does and it has a 1 X 12 cab, i`ve never played one, but i`m thinking if i ever wanted a 5 watt tube it`d be the 1st one i`d look at.

The blackheart does not have a gain knob, but it can get pretty heavy with teh volume on your guitar, I can get a passable Pantera tone for Walk. BUt its quite loud to get that kinda gain. Amazing amp though.. just amazing.
Quote by stangconv
The blackheart does not have a gain knob, but it can get pretty heavy with teh volume on your guitar, I can get a passable Pantera tone for Walk. BUt its quite loud to get that kinda gain. Amazing amp though.. just amazing.

The tattoo man knows the blackhearts. Sounds like a pretty mean little amp.
Quote by WickedBeast666
No diffrence between 30's in the II and III or 15's for that matter. when You hit 75 diffrences are very noticable.

What kind of differences are we talking about?
Quote by mmm_watcha_say
What kind of differences are we talking about?

You get the Artist presets in the bigger amps. You also get more wattage so the things sound better when played loud. You also get other things like the Blues Channel and the Twang Channel.

The artist presets are stupid anyways, you're better off without them.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Mar 6, 2008,
Quote by mmm_watcha_say
^ How about sound differences between the II and III 75w?

Not much, only slightly improved.

All the Spider series amps sound relatively the same.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Slayerdeath
^^^ my bad, i thought they did have a gain... well a overdrive like a tube screamer should fix that right.

A tube screamer is perfect for the Blackheart IMO

My bad monkey sounds great in front of it.